FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Suggestions ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I went to the scrap yard and managed to pull out a few interior goodies for my foci and I'm wanting suggestions for paint colours for a few interior parts.

I'm sure you all know my car is fun in the sun yellow. The original radio bezel is Silver, and a few accents on the doors are silver too, the rest of the interior parts are just that black plastic.

Go with Yellow to match the body colour,
Go with a Silver theme to keep it original,
or something different

I'm open to suggestions

01-yellow-ZX3

hmm I like it :) . But How did you do the faux leather in the door, same thing related to painting the plastic parts ?

01-yellow-ZX3

It's actually a fleece material that I picked up, its a lot like the stock door insert material, just yellow of course.l
dont do silver.

Stick with yellow .. or all very gloss black.

my 2 cents.

01-yellow-ZX3

Whatever you decide to go with, stick to one overall colour throughout the interior, be consistent like dan said.

Some guys on FJ have horrid interiors, all because theres colours coming outta their asses.
The worst are the guys with green cars and paint everything blue... looks like crap
Here a pic on mine i haope it helps, the only difference is i have white gauges now.

[Image: fb011c26.jpg]

either go yellow, or everything black, if your a fan of a clean stock look, then glossy black like dan said. But if you like a little "flare" then do some yellow
I think the most important part is to pick a color and then stick with that exact shade. If you do the same as your exterior color, make sure it's an exact color match. If you dont want yellow, go with a neutral color like black, silver, or gray.

Nothing looks worse than someone with 5 different shades of yellow on their interior pieces, steering wheel covors, floor mats, racing pedals, shift knob, etc. Well maybe it looks worse painting the interior of a yellow car red, or a red car yellow.. actually just stay away from fast food company color schemes altogether ;)
my suggestion is leave the interior alone.. interior painted up with a spray can looks like exactly that.. an interior painted up with a spray can.. its not going to be MaDD TiTe just because some of it is in MaDD sKiLLZ yellow

01-yellow-ZX3

FociPhil,Jan 22 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:Here a pic on mine i haope it helps, the only difference is i have white gauges now.

either go yellow, or everything black, if your a fan of a clean stock look, then glossy black like dan said.  But if you like a little "flare" then do some yellow
[right][snapback]80098[/snapback][/right]

You don't even follow your own advice though... ;)
naz,Jan 22 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:my suggestion is leave the interior alone.. interior painted up with a spray can looks like exactly that.. an interior painted up with a spray can.. its not going to be MaDD TiTe just because some of it is in MaDD sKiLLZ yellow
[right][snapback]80113[/snapback][/right]
I agree.

Plus if you ever have to sell the car (hypothetically) it would make it a little tougher.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 22 2005 Wrote:Here's my yellow interior just for an idea...
[right][snapback]80077[/snapback][/right]

I don't normally like these sorts of things but don't mind yours.

As for my Focus I'd get more wood in the form of a trim kit, a dead pedal and the wooden e-brake handle and shifter from Ford Europe and thats about it. My interior looks like below except I have leather seats:

[Image: 00113311990017LRG.jpg]

As for the WRX I'd love:

http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/Catalog...m_Pieces_70.htm

But I think that would delete the passenger airbag so I won't be doing that.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 22 2005 Wrote:
FociPhil,Jan 22 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:Here a pic on mine i haope it helps, the only difference is i have white gauges now.

either go yellow, or everything black, if your a fan of a clean stock look, then glossy black like dan said.  But if you like a little "flare" then do some yellow
[right][snapback]80098[/snapback][/right]

You don't even follow your own advice though... ;)
[right][snapback]80121[/snapback][/right]

what do you mean? you talking about the centre?
Quote:Here's my yellow interior just for an idea... 

Did someone in MB do that or did you do it yourself?

01-yellow-ZX3

Did everything myself.
Nice.
Well First off I do plan on keeping the car for quite a while and I have no plans of selling it. To Quote the Ford Commercials " I love my ford Focus ". I was thinking in what colour I go with to clear coat it just to give it the extra durability and shine. If I do go with the yellow, I was only thinking of body colour only, I know there are a few hundred shades of yellow out there.

Well my gauges are dark gray or dark silver looking with the miles in orange not red, and the surround is black, same with the gauge bezel.
[Image: Silver_on_Black.jpg]

I'm not crazy about the idea either of going to the extreme like some of the guys in the states do to their cars interiors. I like your Interior FociPhil, only I've never been a fan of painting the ovals of the air vents, they look kinda strange painted to me anyways. I only plan on painting the interior door trim handels, radio / gauge bezel(s) and getting yellow leather ( or something like it ) to replace the damage black leather ones on the shifter and e-brake. And repeating the interior handels yellow in the back along with the seat belt cover in the back deck.

I have to admit I really dislike the faux wood trim in all its forms on the Focus. I like the RS interiors with the silver / carom accents, but as we all know it only comes in blue.

Re: Current interior Photo.
[Image: Interor.jpg]

I have to replace the flour consol with a scrap yard one because of the damage done to it and the crappy sticker stuck on it that I can't seem to get off no matter how hard I try even with a heat gun.