FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Source For 0w30 Motor Oil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone off the top of their head know of a convenient souce for 0W30 synthetic oil?

I asked the kids over at the Ford dealership to change the oil with that, and got the usual blank stares.

And then the arguments all came out

1) We've never heard of it.
2) The stock focus uses 5w20!!
3) all we have on tap in the shop is 5w30

I got a lot less argument from the folks at Rowland when it came to special requests, but at least the boys at Bay Ford put seat covers and floor mats to protect my baby from greasy mechanics.

Canadian Tire? (across the street practically, from the dealer)
2001 ZTS,Jan 21 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:Canadian Tire? (across the street practically, from the dealer)
[right][snapback]79944[/snapback][/right]

That's what I mentioned to them, I might have to call myself though. Dealership types aren't ones for reasoning when they have an idea in their head.

I wish I could tell which weight they put in after the fact, so they just don't pump in the usual 5w30 and let me think it's 0w....
Dealer: "putting in a different grade of oil may void your warranty"

Darkpuppet: "so that pressumed acknowledgement of the existance of a warranty means you're OK with the MASSIVE FORCED INDUCTION SYSTEM?"
2001 ZTS,Jan 21 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:Dealer: "putting in a different grade of oil may void your warranty"

Darkpuppet: "so that pressumed acknowledgement of the existance of a warranty means you're OK with the MASSIVE FORCED INDUCTION SYSTEM?"
[right][snapback]79949[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

that IS awesome.. I'm gonna remember that.

They're findinga lot of parts that the TT guys forgot to put back on the car, like splash shields and such, they're being super cool about it.
darkpuppet,Jan 21 2005, 01:43 PM Wrote:but at least the boys at Bay Ford put seat covers and floor mats to protect my baby from greasy mechanics.
[right][snapback]79942[/snapback][/right]

;)

I think most Firestone locations stock Amsoil...and Amsoil has an 0w30 synthetic.
canadian tire has 0w20 .. i don't believe they have 0w30 though .. maybe partsource might be abetter option, i believe they carry a wider variety