FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Stuff From Sct?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey steeda.ca, i am not sure if you know... but alot of SCT dealers are working on some new hardware for the SCT Flasher! if you have any info on this, can you guys please let us in on what's going on??? unless it's some SCT rule that you can't until they say so, but i'm sure you can trust all of us in keeping our mouths shut!!! :)
i think its the excalibour (sp) stuff.
yea, it's the excalibrator, but the xcalibrator is suppose to have some new hardware... and some firmware update as well... i just want to know if it's going to come out with a datalogger(rumor) and will be the same price!!!! which would be SOOOO awsome.
buy the SCT pro from modulardepot.. comes with FREE raptor now..

stupid deal.. i wish i had waited to buy mine :(

flo!! nows the time to buy it before they run out of raptors!

and then i can borrow your raptor this summer hahahaha
i don't see it say that it comes with "FREE RAPTOR" i see that is says free PC Cable for like $375, which is kinda pricey... can you show me the link where it says free raptor?
not you are looking at the basic SCT.. im talking about the Pro Racer for 795$ .. comes with free raptor.. i paid 795$USD and 190$CAD in brokerage and duties to get it... without the raptor..

http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.p...&products_id=47

anyway, for anyone in the market or eventually gonna get the Pro Racer package.. now's the time..
ohh, oppss sorry.. i thought you were referring to the basic SCT Flasher!!! sorry... anyways yea, FocusSport also offers the whole package for $800 and free shipping... not sure if you will have to pay brokerage fee's...

a side question, does anyone know how to get by these rediculous brokerage and custom fee's??? cause i know if they send it through USPS canadian customs will charge customs fee's, and if they send through UPS,Fedex,DHL, etc... you will end up getting brokerage fee's... but the thing with them sending through USPS, they don't ALWAYS have customs fee's attatched to the parcel!!! if someone knows of a better way of receiviing packages then please do tell!

SLIP STREAM SVT,Jan 19 2005, 11:33 AM Wrote:ohh, oppss sorry.. i thought you were referring to the basic SCT Flasher!!! sorry... anyways yea, FocusSport also offers the whole package for $800 and free shipping... not sure if you will have to pay brokerage fee's...

a side question, does anyone know how to get by these rediculous brokerage and custom fee's??? cause i know if they send it through USPS canadian customs will charge customs fee's, and if they send through UPS,Fedex,DHL, etc... you will end up getting brokerage fee's... but the thing with them sending through USPS, they don't ALWAYS have customs fee's attatched to the parcel!!!  if someone knows of a better way of receiviing packages then please do tell!
[right][snapback]79599[/snapback][/right]

FS might offer the complete package for 800$.. but i doupt they give away the raptor with it too.. ?
**If you want no brokerage fees listen carefully**

It's not exactly the most 'legal' thing out there but whos to know? Tell the seller that when they ship the package to mark it saying it has NO COMMERCIAL VALUE. Therefore, it's pretty much saying it is a gift for someone and that it's not like its going to a major company to be used as a product. I did this for my turbo and I got no brokerage fees at all. B)
Burnin21, nice... i never knew that would work... and i also wouldn't really consider it illegal, but nice tip, i will definitly try that... but what if something happens to that package? like it gets damaged or lost... is there still insurance on the package?

and by the way... FS does offer it with the raptor datalogger, Clicky here it tells all the details, but i don't think they have updated their web page yet, so that's probably why you didn't know yet! i just found out a little while ago as well
SLIP STREAM SVT,Jan 19 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:Burnin21, nice... i never knew that would work... and i also wouldn't really consider it illegal, but nice tip, i will definitly try that... but what if something happens to that package? like it gets damaged or lost... is there still insurance on the package?

and by the way... FS does offer it with the raptor datalogger, Clicky here it tells all the details, but i don't think they have updated their web page yet, so that's probably why you didn't know yet! i just found out a little while ago as well
[right][snapback]79695[/snapback][/right]

i guess you're right, same thing, same price
SCT will be releasing a new Handheld version of the Xcalibrator. This unit fits in the palm of your hamd, is very rigid, has a LCD Screen, will do minor Data Logging, View and Clear trouble codes and a bunch of other cool stuff I can't get into right now.

The current Xcalibrator will still remain for sale as an entry level flashing device. SCT is also working on a datalogger for CAN systems as well as all of the GM stuff.

This brings everyone up to date with what is going on at SCT.
Just update, we now have the SCT Pro Racer Package, and all of the goodies that go along with it

Check it out http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product_type.asp?id=950
SLIP STREAM SVT,Jan 20 2005, 01:52 AM Wrote:Burnin21, nice... i never knew that would work... and i also wouldn't really consider it illegal, but nice tip, i will definitly try that... but what if something happens to that package? like it gets damaged or lost... is there still insurance on the package?

[right][snapback]79695[/snapback][/right]

It is very very hard for the package to get damaged/lost. If you ever order anything from a company/ebay ask about insurance it is very cheap. For example insurance was $1.50 for me and it covered $400.00 USD of my turbo even tho I only payed $300 for it. As far as the package getting lost always request a Tracking Number for the package. Therefore, if the package does get lost, the shipping company has an idea where and if they still can't recover it, insurance covers it :) Ebay is my life, so I've learned many insides and outs :)
SLIP STREAM SVT,Jan 21 2005, 09:29 PM Wrote:steeda.ca, sounds very good that SCT is also releasing something like the predator, but just one more question! is it going to be the same price??? and if you have it now can i buy it from you right away? i can even drive down there sometime this weekend! (that is if it's the same price)

Burnin21, i think you kinda misunderstood me, the thing is... is if i get insurance wouldn't customs see that the contents in the parcel are worth xxx amount of money, and if what you suggested i tell the seller to do is write "No Commercial Value" then doesn't that kinda contradict the fact that it has no value? cause if it has no commercial value, and if i get insurance, they have nothing to pay me back if it got lost or something like that!!!!
[right][snapback]80006[/snapback][/right]
The 9300 XCalibrator is the only device available right now and it will be a few more months until the unit with a screen, DTC capability, etc is available. Pricing has not been set yet.

We do have lots of XCalibrators in stock
steeda.ca, sounds very good that SCT is also releasing something like the predator, but just one more question! is it going to be the same price??? and if you have it now can i buy it from you right away? i can even drive down there sometime this weekend! (that is if it's the same price)

Burnin21, i think you kinda misunderstood me, the thing is... is if i get insurance wouldn't customs see that the contents in the parcel are worth xxx amount of money, and if what you suggested i tell the seller to do is write "No Commercial Value" then doesn't that kinda contradict the fact that it has no value? cause if it has no commercial value, and if i get insurance, they have nothing to pay me back if it got lost or something like that!!!!