FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Mazda3 Recalled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2010 Mazda3 recalled

Mazda may have just launched its 2010 Mazda3 sedan and hatchback last month in North America, but the automaker has already been forced to recall all 25,400 of its small cars over the possibility of a wiring harness design that can lead to system short circuits.

Clearance between the engine wiring harness and the starter motor housing is insufficient, meaning a vibrating wiring harness could rub up against the starter motor and cause a short circuit that could stall the vehicle and make it unable to be restarted.

Mazda will repair damaged wiring harnesses and add a protector clip designed to keep the wiring harness away from the starter motor housing.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that the recall, Mazda Recall 5409D, will begin on May 6. Concerned owners can also call Mazda’s North American operations at 1-800-222-5500.
LMAO stupid clown cars.
now that sucks
'Smiley' is not so smiley anymore...

Nice cars though. At least they caught it pretty quick.
That's what they get for scavenging RX-8 looks and putting it on an inferior car... the whole damn lineup looks like a bunch of mutated RX-8s now... hellapathetisad.
Scorcher000,Apr 20 2009, 02:16 PM Wrote:LMAO stupid clown cars.
[right][snapback]285425[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
I hate that big smile on the front of that car, even the new Speed 3 looks silly.
I agree ,a little too big . Maybe they went after the Peugeot style front end
They didn't really ruin the looks of the new 3, just doesn't look "Right" or like an improvement. I think the car they ruined is the new 6...sure, it's more mature looking than the last generation, but it looks too much like everything else coming out of Asia...the last one was easy to tell apart from other brands.

Glad that they caught a flaw and have fixed it already though...(they can look for similar ones in the new Focus and Fiesta).
Maybe japanese design has a tendency to repeat the '60-'70s , if you think of the japanese cars they al had a certain "asian" look , it was impossible to mistake one for a european car , never mind for an american . Now , if you take the badge off you might not be able to tell which is which , unless you're a car guy
Other than that , they are great cars , my wife drives a 2008 Mazda3 and we have nothing but good words about it
Oh how i wish Ford had done a recall to replace the wiring harness where is passes from roof line to the hatch on the Focus Station Wagon before the insulation craked, fuses blew and almost set fire to my car.

I wont be buying another car from a manufacturer who knows about this fault but doesnt consider either the fire risk or loosing all the lights at the back end to be a saftery hazzard!
Congrats to Mazda for been honest, upfront, fast responding and vocal rather than trying to fleece money out of its customers and brushing such information under the carpet.