FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Shops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is any shops that work with turbos in the GTA. I'm sure there is but i need a place to "correctly" rotate my exhaust housing on my turbo so the oil drain will be opposite of the exhaust housing (aka facing down). I would do this myself but my experience is limited so I dont wanna mess up my little piece of equipment :)

Matt
I think H&R Motorsports can help you. I think that's the name of it. I'll double check, but they are here in Burl. not far from us off Mainway. They are two old Ford mech. who deal with a lot of turbo setups for Honda and such.

off the top of my head (and in the order that I'd check out):

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com

http://www.metalexmotorworx.com (site seems to be under contruction?)

http://www.ultimate-racing.com
dude check out monster-turbo.com there in brampton. battle auto salon in barrie. steeda.ca and shm motorsports. me personally as long as you don't dont mind the drive go to battle auto salon in barrie and tell Ian that Rob sent you , svt focus. this is where mine is going.
You want a shop to clock a turbo?

Just loosen a couple of bolts and rotate and then tighten....couldn't be easier.
Jays2000ZX3,Jan 18 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:You want a shop to clock a turbo?

Just loosen a couple of bolts and rotate and then tighten....couldn't be easier.
[right][snapback]79391[/snapback][/right]

Ya it takes 2 minutes.
i need to clock mine but am just wondering about the stock wastegate.. can you drill new holes for the WG bracket? theres only 2 holes so it pretty much leaves me with only 3 different placements (if i screw only one bolt).. what would you guys do?
Thats all you have to do? Loosen off the bolts and turn? I'll try it but if it doesn't budge when I go to move it, I ain't forcing anything, I'll go get it done somewhere else. I dont see why it would be stuck, but you never know.
did you buy a used one? i picked up a used turbo before and it was so corroded that even with liquid wrench and big pipes i couldn't get some of the bolts off.. i ended up tossing it
I got a used turbo, very good shape...it may have been only run for sometesting. It looks like it is in an almost new shape...

I got mine and it was already in the correct configuration. Looking at it theres a black marker where I'm going to assume a new hole was drilled and tapped.

[Image: rotatedactuator.jpg]
yes i guess yours was clocked and drilled for the WG already.. mine only has 2 holes and thats where the wastegate bracket is..

looking at yours, seems like mine is at those 2 original holes that are pictured..
The T3 Turbo I bought is brand new. So i'm assuming I shoulnd't have much of a problem clocking it then?
Burnin21,Jan 19 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:The T3 Turbo I bought is brand new. So i'm assuming I shoulnd't have much of a problem clocking it then?
[right][snapback]79649[/snapback][/right]

shouldn't.. best time to do it at least since it won't be easy when its been used
DL Motorsports

1140 Heritage Rd. unit 20
Burlington.

905. 319.1952
^^ That was the name I was looking for. Good bunch of mech's in there.
Burnin21 - Here's some info that you might find useful. It may not work for yours, but is true for most Turbo's.

If it has an integral wastegate, disconnect the wastegate rod from the turbine (exhaust) housing. Usually this is just a small cotter/push/pin that will slide out.

Locate the V-Clamp between the bearing housing and the turbine (ie exhaust) housing. Once you undo the V-clamp by removing one nut/bolt, the turbine housing should slide off. There is usually a small dowel or pin in the outer edge of the turbine/bearing housing and this is used by the manufacturer for alignment. Pull this out or grind it smooth so it won't be in the way when you re-clock the turbo. Remove this won't affect the sealing of your turbo.

The next step is to remove the snap ring that holds the compressor housing to the bearing housing. Borrowing a pair of snap ring pliers from someone if you have access to them as it will make this a whole lot easier. Once you have the snap ring removed, you will need to pull these two pieces apart. The bearing housing is usually pressed into the compressor housing (very slightly) and sometimes there can be an o-ring in between these for sealing. Again, you may find a small dowel/pin that is used for locating the housings in production. Cut/Grind or pull this pin out.

Now that you have the parts out on the table, re-install with the correct orientation.

Note - Make sure the new position of the wastegate rod has the same travel as it did prior to you clocking it. You will need to re-adjust this otherwise and may be limiting or not opening the wastegate in time. Also make sure the path is straight so the rod doesn't bind and cause "engine" damage.

You shouldn't need to take this to a shop, just bring the tools into the house and do this at the kitchen table. You want a clean area to work, so you don't get any foreign material into the parts.

PM if you have any questions.

~ Clutch
Its ok I got it, its an external wastegate turbo. It clocked no problem at all. Thanks for the help guys! By the way DL Motorsport is where i'm gonna go to get dyno tuned after its all said and done. Hopefully all goes well :)
are are you using for tuning?