FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fx35 Detailed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Worked all week-end on this thing...

I don't think this ever got a hand wash in the last year or so...just touchless car washes.

The car was clay barred, then compounded with a 2000grit polish with a medium cut buffing pad, then followed up with a light swirl remover & paint sealant with a low cut buffing pad. Then it was protected with Collinite Fleet wax.

Some before pics:

[Image: IMG_1715.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1716.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1731.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1719.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1717.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1722.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1728.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1730.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1729.jpg]

After shots:

[Image: IMG_1784.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1790.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1789.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1780.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1781.jpg]

Some 50/50 shots...

[Image: beforeandafter3.jpg]

[Image: sidebeforeafter.jpg]

[Image: Trunkbeforeafter.jpg]

[Image: beforeafter2.jpg]

[Image: before7after.jpg]
Nice work.
Nice work Flo.
REALLY nice work.
Too bad you can't buff out the "ugly"
:lol:
Thanks guys, my body is fawkin sore today :P :lol:
A good detailing is hard bloody work.
No s***, 7 hours on Staurday, and 6 yesterday. This thing really needed it though, got lots of scratches out.
Good work on the hood scratches.

What polisher did you use? A DA or a rotary?

What products did you use for compound, polish and swirl remover?
For the small scratches, I used a porter cable orbital buffer with a orange buffing pad and poor boy's 2.5 swirl remover. i could have probably stepped it up to a yellow buffing pad and used the wolfgang 3.0, but thats for serious jobs that require some serious work, plus its expensive. lol

I then used a Mothers paint sealant (step #2 of the their 3 step manual program) with a Green buffing pad. This removes any fine swirls the previous step missed and gives that wet look to it. The green buffing pad has very little cutting power and is perfect to use with sealants.

I then follow up with Colinite fleet wax, I dont care what anybody says, this is the best wax on the market.

I get all my stuff from http://www.eshine.ca.
That looks nice man, I bet that would cost big bucks for someone else to do it.
This was a freind of mine and I charged him $400, I even threw in an interior job for free. Anybody else would be looking at $450 + for this kind of work. thats still a great deal considering I know some detailers around here that would charge $600 + without touching the interior.
Man wow some people really like their cars clean and are willing to pay that moneyz.
I paid $100 for Gold package at Honda (used to work their, it cost $180 but i get a discount) and I thought that was expensive. And they do good work since they know me there.
Normaly whenever I do it myself I just vacume the interior,clean dashboards, wash/wax my car and looking squeeky clean hehe

NikiterZTS,Apr 20 2009, 03:40 PM Wrote:Man wow some people really like their cars clean and are willing to pay that moneyz.
I paid $100 for Gold package at Honda (used to work their, it cost $180 but i get a discount) and I thought that was expensive. And they do good work since they know me there.
Normaly whenever I do it myself I just vacume the interior,clean dashboards, wash/wax my car and looking squeeky clean hehe
[right][snapback]285448[/snapback][/right]

I doubt the 'gold package' does anything more than just wax. People need to realise that waxing does not make you're car shine...the compounding, and sealing is what gives you the shine. Wax is just to protect the work you just did...

Most people think like that....wash and wax and be done with it. the truth is, 95% of the cars on the road have nasty swirl marks in it, and could use a good buffing to get it back up to par. Most people dont give a s*** about them and just ignore it. thats fine with me, thats why I offer other services. :P For $150 I have my Wash & protect package which does the following things:

• Exterior Wash & Dry
• Interior Vacuum
• Trim & Dash Cleaning
• Interior Shampoo
• Fabric Guard
• Leather Cleaning & Conditioning if applicable
• Wax
• Wax wheels
• Interior Vinyl Polish
• Exterior Black Trim Polish
• Weather Trim conditioning
• Door Hinge Conditioning

This is the package most of my customers get actually. I always offer them the paint correction service but most dont care about swirl marks. And like I said, thats ok with me.

trust me, you can clean you're car all day long, and under me eyes, I'll point out swirls and scratches that you just cant get out without busting out the buffer with the proper glazes and cutting/buffing pads. ;)
amen.
Wow, you do good work :blink:

I spend two hours on the exterior and it just looks "passable" -sigh-

NefCanuck
I have to finally break down and buy a Porter Cable. My shoulders can't take it anymore. :)
reldridge,Apr 20 2009, 10:08 PM Wrote:I have to finally break down and buy a Porter Cable. My shoulders can't take it anymore. :)
[right][snapback]285471[/snapback][/right]

Once you get the porter cable up to speed 6, you're shoulders will REALLY hate you. :P :lol:

the thing rattles you're bones.
I once tackled my Wifes old Tercel and my car in one day. Wash, clay bar, wash, compound,wax, sealer, glaze.... the whole 9 yards. I could barely put a beer to my mouth. My shoulders were so sore I thought I was going to die.

I have the Makita 7" buffer. 0 to 3000 RPM.

[Image: MakitaRotaryBuffer9227C.jpg]
I have that exact same bufferr too.
Flofocus,Apr 20 2009, 02:53 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 20 2009, 03:40 PM Wrote:Man wow some people really like their cars clean and are willing to pay that moneyz.
[right][snapback]285448[/snapback][/right]

I doubt the 'gold package' does anything more than just wax. People need to realise that waxing does not make you're car shine...the compounding, and sealing is what gives you the shine. Wax is just to protect the work you just did...

Most people think like that....wash and wax and be done with it. the truth is, 95% of the cars on the road have nasty swirl marks in it, and could use a good buffing to get it back up to par. Most people dont give a s*** about them and just ignore it. thats fine with me, thats why I offer other services. :P For $150 I have my Wash & protect package which does the following things:

• Exterior Wash & Dry
• Interior Vacuum
• Trim & Dash Cleaning
• Interior Shampoo
• Fabric Guard
• Leather Cleaning & Conditioning if applicable
• Wax
• Wax wheels
• Interior Vinyl Polish
• Exterior Black Trim Polish
• Weather Trim conditioning
• Door Hinge Conditioning

This is the package most of my customers get actually. I always offer them the paint correction service but most dont care about swirl marks. And like I said, thats ok with me.

trust me, you can clean you're car all day long, and under me eyes, I'll point out swirls and scratches that you just cant get out without busting out the buffer with the proper glazes and cutting/buffing pads. ;)
[right][snapback]285452[/snapback][/right]

I know i know :rolleyes:

I guess im just not ready to justify $400 on car clean up.......(price for some front & rear swaybars with endlinks or something :lol: )
when you do car showws and you're judged on the paint quality, then you may care. But I see you're point too...the only reason i do this, is for mod money ;)
Pages: 1 2