FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dpfe Symptoms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

I haven't thrown a CEL, but my car has been stumbling lately in the lower RPM range.

Say I'm cruising in 4th, and I start to accelerate (kinda hard) to pass somebody for instance, sometimes my car will stumble 3 times between 2300 - 3500.

Any suggestions?

01-yellow-ZX3

After some further research on FJ, it sounds like I'm due...

My car is an '01 with 76,000 kms. I've never had the DPFE changed yet, so I suppose its my time...

Is it covered under warranty?
Could also be bad spark plug(s) or wire(s) as I found out a month or so ago.
My main sympton the 1st time around was that at a steady RPM, the car would feel like going back and forth because of the broken gas flow.

I have changed mine and after 1000 miles, the CEL came back on with the same code. I'm going to go back again.

Right now, my main sympton is that at idle, if you listen carefully, the exhaust notes seems to make like a little boom at random frequency. Thats' the DPFE too.

Do you have emissions testing where you live?

Peace...

01-yellow-ZX3

I don't have emission testing nope...

And I'm pretty sure the spark plugs and wires are fine, as they were both replaced just recently.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 17 2005 Wrote:I don't have emission testing nope...

And I'm pretty sure the spark plugs and wires are fine, as they were both replaced just recently.
[right][snapback]79255[/snapback][/right]

then i suggest you to just remove your egr system :D if the dpfe sensor is really your problem
yeloZX3,Jan 17 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:then i suggest you to just remove your egr system  :D  if the dpfe sensor is really your problem
[right][snapback]79262[/snapback][/right]

..exactly. It's a emissions PITA, so get rid of it with a chip.

Peace...
Will a focus pass Drive Clean if the EGR is disabled through chip?