FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My New System Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I kept all the old components of my system I'm just rearranging where everything is going to be. I'm going to be mounting my amps on the sides of the hatch instead of on the back seat. I'm building walls to support the amps, distribution block, and cap.

Here's what my system is comprised of:
[Image: AUDIOSYSTEMDIAGRAM.jpg]

Here are the starts to what I intend to do:
[Image: BothWalls.jpg]

[Image: LeftWall.jpg]

[Image: RightWall.jpg]

Tell me what you guys think and what your suggestions are.
Wow!! That's pretty impressive!

Here is what my system looks like:

[Image: 30859_4mg.jpg]
That's not your system, it's missing the 8-track!
meford4u,Jan 14 2005, 09:30 PM Wrote:That's not your system, it's missing the 8-track!
[right][snapback]78986[/snapback][/right]

The display flips in to accept the 8-track ;)
Cant wait to see it done, can you PM me where you got the vinyl and carpet?
Thats a damn nice setup man...

keep us posted with the pics...

microbunny,Jan 15 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:Thats a damn nice setup man...

[right][snapback]79092[/snapback][/right]

Will do!
MAlby7,Jan 16 2005, 02:31 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jan 15 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:Thats a damn nice setup man...

[right][snapback]79092[/snapback][/right]

Will do!
[right][snapback]79109[/snapback][/right]

Cool..

by the way, how do you like JL amps??
Quote:by the way, how do you like JL amps??

I love them. They're smaller than most amps and you can put them anywhere. They weigh alot so you know there's a lot of s**t going on in them. They run the same wattage from 1.5 ohms to 4 ohms, so you can run any arrangement of subs wired except if it's over 4 ohms. I highly recommend them.
thats should look pretty when its all done. keep us updated for sure.

01-yellow-ZX3

Nice stuff man!
very nice man! glad to see your back at it again... heh
I'm ordering my first component set finally... now im looking to buy an amp for them. I'll have pictures come spring time.
That looks like a nice setup, I cant wait to do mine Iv got my 12w7 in the HO bax waiting. there awesome subs, i like the JL amps as well, but Iwent with the Phoenix Gold amp because Jl's biggest was 1000/1 and I wanted a little more and went with the PG 1200.1. Do you go to sound offs???

David
I went to afew db drags when i had my focus... did quite well. Hoping to do better once my truck is complete.
I'm just curious...you have JBL, Infinity and Power Acoustik components in your system, so why did you use a JL Audio sub and amp? I'd take a JBL sub over a JL hands down. I'd even take an Infinity Kappa Perfect or a Power Acoustik FUBR series sub over a JL...

Besides that though, I like the setup you went with...good choices overall, and I'm sure the sound is awesome...
Let's just say personal preference and good deals! JL subs are among the best and I figured I should have the amp to power the sub that directly matches! The JBL components are worth $700 and I paid $300 for them so that's why I grabbed them. The JL Audio 300/4 amp was one of the few amps that had 75watts RMS/channel for $300. The infinity 6x8's I had from before. And the power acoustik cap is a 5 farad cap and it was a good price!

Most of the stereo companies out there don't have a great entire lineup. Infinity has good speakers but their amps aren't the greatest. JL Audio's coxial and component speakers are really overpriced. JBL makes great competition components.
I agree that JBL makes awesome speakers for cars, as does infinity. Infinity's amps aren't the best, like you said, but they make awesome subs though. Well, if the price was right and you like the JL stuff, I don't blame ya...I like your setup overall quite a bit...very cool...
Thanks!
JL SUXORS.... j/k malby... Its nice to mix things up, I dont like to support one company anymore. You become attached to specific products.
I think Ive crossed over in to the twilight Zone all this JBL is better than Jl Talk, yikes :o . In my 11 years in car audio Ive seen a lot of JL cars win champioships and only a couple JBL cars. Im notting trying to offend anybody here but this is the first time a discussion has questioned JL dominance in Car audio. Im confused.

David
Pages: 1 2