FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ebay Intake Manifold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
intake manifold

interesting, i have no intention of purcahsing this, jsut thouhgt u guys might like to see it.
Thats alot of $$ for an intake manifold. If I could only get the flange I would be able to build one myself :)
Burnin21,Jan 14 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:Thats alot of $$ for an intake manifold. If I could only get the flange I would be able to build one myself :)
[right][snapback]78949[/snapback][/right]

oh cmon, just make it 100% from scratch, its not that hard :lol:
Looks allot like the SHM one, and even looks like half the cost....
sr20det,Jan 14 2005, 10:34 PM Wrote:
Burnin21,Jan 14 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:Thats alot of $$ for an intake manifold. If I could only get the flange I would be able to build one myself :)

[right][snapback]78950[/snapback][/right]

Ya your right I'll do that instead, all i need now is a bunch of aluminum tubing and a sheet thats decently thick. Any idea where to get it from?
metal supermarkets?
schade,Jan 14 2005, 11:09 PM Wrote:metal supermarkets?
[right][snapback]78953[/snapback][/right]

there is site online that sell flanges for whatever you can think of.

I'll try to find some for you
sr20det,Jan 14 2005, 10:34 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]78950[/snapback][/right]

and you need to know how to tig weld it all together.
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/~Accss1.htm

its a UK site that sell everything for quad TB, you can buy the flange with boss already done and the stack, just build your own container and TB mount.

Manifold; Ford Zetec -SF. Flange MF02N £ 188.00

or you could buy the rest and have quad TB.... :P
Decent looking manifold .. but unless theres something on the inside directing air .. I can see the furthest port being hindered by this design.

Price is $$... would never pay that. Wow.. no way.

Edit: didnt see it included TB... thats a better deal then.
I have 1/4" inch 1 3/4" wide Aluminum... You would have to cut and drill, But I have alot of it, Let me know, getting pics..

[Image: IMG_0013.jpg]
Don't worry about the TIG welding part. I can tig weld and i'm actually not to bad at it. I was just thinking how hard would it really be to design/build an aluminum intake manifold? If you already know how to weld it all, just get some dimensions, aluminum and start welding. If I were to build this, I think i'd put the throttle body back on top so I dont have to play with re-routing the throttle cables. What do you guys think?
Burnin21,Jan 16 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:Don't worry about the TIG welding part. I can tig weld and i'm actually not to bad at it. I was just thinking how hard would it really be to design/build an aluminum intake manifold? If you already know how to weld it all, just get some dimensions, aluminum and start welding. If I were to build this, I think i'd put the throttle body back on top so I dont have to play with re-routing the throttle cables. What do you guys think?
[right][snapback]79137[/snapback][/right]

I would most likely do flow test in 3d myself, but I am just a 3d geek.... :lol:

I can proto one for you, if only I had a spare manifold to know dimensions....
It looks like a fireball muffler welded with a flange
french_connection,Jan 16 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:
Burnin21,Jan 16 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:Don't worry about the TIG welding part. I can tig weld and i'm actually not to bad at it. I was just thinking how hard would it really be to design/build an aluminum intake manifold? If you already know how to weld it all, just get some dimensions, aluminum and start welding. If I were to build this, I think i'd put the throttle body back on top so I dont have to play with re-routing the throttle cables. What do you guys think?
[right][snapback]79137[/snapback][/right]

I would most likely do flow test in 3d myself, but I am just a 3d geek.... :lol:

I can proto one for you, if only I had a spare manifold to know dimensions....
[right][snapback]79153[/snapback][/right]

Dimensions huh? Hmmm, if only I could..........This might work. Say I take my intake manifold off take some measurements for the flange, then figure out the area needed for the "box" part looking structure and figure out how long each tube needs to be to mount the box to the flange. Do you think this would work?