FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: 8 Port Router Or Bigger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I re-cabled my house & added more data jacks, and my 4-port router aint cuttin it no more, I need something with minimum 8 ports now. If anyone is selling a 8 port router, give me a shout. I need one soon.
Why not go buy an 8-port Linksys switch and feed that off the 4-port router?

Cheaper than an 8-port router by far. Unless, of course, you're not happy with your current router.
I know what your saying, but... this is going in my electrical panel area, and space/outlets are limited. I need a switch/router in one, heck, if it has an xDSL modem in it too, that would be super.
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.as...cid=29&prid=604

Go to Staples and see if they will special order in the BEFSR81 8-port router for you. Link supplied above. They special order crap all the time, and I believe their wholesaler has them as an "order-in" item. Delivery takes about 10 business days after pre-payment.

I don't see any good stuff like that from D-Link, and SBC... that s**t makes me want to puke.

Hope I've been of some help.
I ended up picking up a D-Link (not Linksys) 8 port 100b/t Fast Ethernet Switch.

My Router is now conveniently contained in the upstairs room right next to my Pre-Wimax digital wireless modem. So F'n Pro