FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Aftermarket Valve Cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any one know were I can get a nice aftermarket valve cover other then the focus sport one? If anyone has any info that would be great.
Have you thought of painting your stock one? :huh:
As far as I know, the FocusSport valve cover is the only aftermarket replacement for the Zetec. You could always look for an early 2000 valve cover (the magnesium ones or whatever) and get it powdercoated whatever color you want. Or you can paint your plastic one..

There's that Ford Racing polished valve cover cover available now, it's just kind of like a square box covering your valve cover with a hole for the oil fill, and a Ford Racing logo in the middle I think.
guilty,Jan 13 2005, 09:38 PM Wrote:As far as I know, the FocusSport valve cover is the only aftermarket replacement for the Zetec.  You could always look for an early 2000 valve cover (the magnesium ones or whatever) and get it powdercoated whatever color you want.  Or you can paint your plastic one..

There's that Ford Racing polished valve cover cover available now, it's just kind of like a square box covering your valve cover with a hole for the oil fill, and a Ford Racing logo in the middle I think.
[right][snapback]78789[/snapback][/right]

The valve cover from a contour will fit. They have the Ford logo an 16v Zetec symbol in 3D. They look awesome painted
Hey guilty thats not a valve cover persay, but more of just a plate that covers the existing valve cover. Its just a sheet of metal with the ford racing logo laser etched into. I have the part number for it at home. If anyone wants it I can let em know. Its not that great.
ZOOM,Feb 3 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:Hey guilty thats not a valve cover persay, but more of just a plate that covers the existing valve cover.
[right][snapback]83070[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I know Tony, I said it's a cover to cover your valve cover.. it's really more of an "engine dress up" item.. I thought it looked kind of dumb.
Well I must say it is a great alternative to the focussport cover replacement. They want 269.99 + 29 dollars for shipping + whatever brokerage you get nailed at the border for (they use fed ex exclusively) so you are looked WELL over 300 USD to get that to your door. Practical? Well I dunno...

The Ford racing cover I think is only a 100 bucks or so