FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Brakes Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was driving to work this morning on the skating rink in town and all of a sudden my ABS light came on. I never had to brake hard, didn't hit anything, just being careful and driving slowly. Anyone have any ideas as to why this would come on out of the blue like this?

ZX3 in progress,Jan 12 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:I was driving to work this morning on the skating rink in town and all of a sudden my ABS light came on. I never had to brake hard, didn't hit anything, just being careful and driving slowly. Anyone have any ideas as to why this would come on out of the blue like this?
[right][snapback]78572[/snapback][/right]

It will likely go away after a few miles of normal driving. I suspect you spun you front wheels a fair amount and when your wheel speed sensor doesn't match the speedo the ABS thinks there is a fault. The same thing happens when you put your car on a front wheel dyno.

If it persists after a half hours worth of driving then do take it to a shop.
Now my e-brake light stays on too. grrrrr I guess I'll be takin it in tomorrow. Would the e-brake light come on if my rear brakes needed to be serviced/replaced?
the e brake light would stay on some times just becuase it was frozen when I drove my car. All I had to do was drive a tiny but not fast at all then slam on the breaks. Light goes off..
took the car in today to get the code read. Turns out that it's the speed sensor and from what I understood they would have to replace the bearing and hub? Gonna get back to me sometime next week with prices.