FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Euro Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has everyone seen these new models yet??
What do you think of them ??

http://www.ford.co.uk/ie/foc_c307/foc_c307...07_ghia/-/-/-/-
You like the road car you'l love the new wrc car concept (World Rally Championship)just go to " fordrallyesport.com and go to images#2 enjoy!
Some reason when they made the 2005 change they only decided to change the front end of the north amerian focus. Europe got a new front and back.. I seee alot of CRX in them now.
I think the new euro focus looks like CRAP. It has some civic in it too.
Quote:Some reason when they made the 2005 change they only decided to change the front end of the north amerian focus. Europe got a new front and back

North America got a new front end and ugly interior, the sedans got a slightly changed rear end too.. Europe got a whole new improved car. Cant even really compare the two of them now.

The interior on the 05 Euro Focus looks so much nicer than the 05 North American Focus...

The exterior is really different, but it kind of grows on you (a lot like the Mk1 design). I like the wheels for the new Ghia, looks like they really fit the style of the car.
Let's just face it Europe is better!
Nah for some reason Canada and the US are Ford's red-headed stepchild, which makes no sense at all.
I love the 2005 European Focus models, Personally I'd love it if Canada could have the European Models sold here rather then the Crappy american versions. In the long run if they did sell them here, I'm sure they'd last a lot longer then the american counter part. Plus having the optional Diesel engines would make them more appealing to canadians like VW currently is.
The ass end of those cars is hideous. That's just disgusting. However, I love the idea of a heated windshield, bounce back power windows (senses an obstruction, like a garage door) wipers with rain sensors, a/c cooled glovebox? That's insane!
I'm not the biggest fan of the new front ends, but when the whole car is redone like those european versions, it looks a lot better than the crap we got here.

I'd buy one if I wasn't in love with the new mustang.
On behalf of the U.K. this new Focus is horrible! :lol:

But as a Rally car...maybe! :unsure: :D

[Image: 20041103083051FocusWRC_1.jpg]
MK1 for ever.

Quote:North America got a new front end and ugly interior, the sedans got a slightly changed rear end too.. Europe got a whole new improved car. Cant even really compare the two of them now.

In the end to a "normal" person they still look the exact same in the front. The back is the only different thing. To a person that doesnt even no a Focus exists in europe there is no difference at all.
Raine,Jan 12 2005, 05:08 PM Wrote:..........bounce back power windows (senses an obstruction, [right][snapback]78586[/snapback][/right]

That's because too many kids have been suffocated by power windows. I think that feature is soon to be mandatory. Imagine a kid sticking his/her head out a window to watch dad/mom do whatever but as they lean on the door handle there hands hit the power up button? Very sad.

I hate power windows/locks. I watched a guy die because he crashed through a barrier and drove off the end of a lift bridge at Port Weller Lock One and couldn't get out of his car (according to the autopsy report) due to a "short" once the car hit the water.
They have chiseled it down the old focus is reborn. I just hope they have some peppy models to offer.Like an RS for the world to enjoy! Even a new SVT would be nice. It looks like Ford will equip them with Sony stereos.I'm not blown away by the new look just wait'n to see what really comes to the dealers show rooms.
The new little Fiesta ST is one sweet little machine!
just got this from road and track, this is fu#$en awsome

Hocus Focus, We Need This Magic

Ford is set to roll out the next generation of the Focus RS in Europe and, unfortunately, it's not headed our way as a replacement for the departed SVT model. Still, Europeans will have the good fortune of buying this all-wheel-drive 280-bhp 3-door rival to the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

The car is based on the next-generation Focus platform, which America won't see. Ford of Europe has chosen to completely rework the car with a new suspension and sleeker styling, while the U.S. will get just a mild facelift of the current car. This lack of compatibility between the two markets means that for now, a Ford Focus RS with all-wheel drive and a 2.3-liter turbocharged four will remain in Europe. — MDL
I like the new steeringwheel, thats about it
Notice the the English Focus has projector headlamps...hmmm and the american one has a 2-bulb system...WHY must Ford be controlled by BEANCOUNTERS!!! GIVE US THE GOOD LIGHTS AND BRAKES!!! That's all I ask!!! lol
is the awd system the same as the one in the new volvo s40?? i beleive they are based on the same platform? as well as the mazda 3?? or am i on crack? :blink:
Can someone link to all the pictures or .. full car outside pictures from back and angles type thing?

That site linked hates me for some reason.