FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Remote Starters On Focuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was planning oin getting a remote starter put on My SVT Focus and was wondering if anyone else has one (ie brand) and any issues with them on their cars or geting them installed. i had a Clifford on my cavalier and loved it.

David
I have a compustar, and it works like a charm. Remote start, turbo timer, alarm, pager, does everything I could ask for, and has amazing range.
compustar remote starter for sure.

have one on my ZX3 and one on my mom's SVT and i works with no problems. the with a manual you take the key out and close the doors and it turns off the car and arms the alarm. really good product.
i have a "Thor" two way car alarm, works great and looks nice too got it off e-bay for like $120usd, wasn't too bad of a price concidering the compustar cost like $300-$400 not including install... i've had mine on my SVTF for like 2 years now and it's still good with no probs except that my remote is kinda scratched up! but my fault though!
I got married, got meself a wife, and she is the best remote starter in the world. I am still paying for the service tho.
meford4u,Jan 11 2005, 01:22 AM Wrote:I got married, got meself a wife, and she is the best remote starter in the world.  I am still paying for the service tho.
[right][snapback]78312[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
Ask Bluetoy about the one Ford offers!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was told there was a chip in the key, that screws up the remote starter, how do you get arounde this.

David
Most autostarts come with a ribbon that raps around the tumbler and plugs into the remote starter itself, then just a quick program of it and you are in business. This accessory costs a little extra but it is alot safer than tapeing a key to the inside of the column.