FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Shoes Zx3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They may be hard to look at now but i only payed $100 for them. Gona sand blast and polish them and get some BBS center caps they are 35mm offset too.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[Image: DSC_0087.jpg]
Those look like Borbet type A replica's .... I don't recall BBS having one like that ...
What size are they, 15"?
yea 15"

Focus man, Focus.,Apr 20 2009, 02:19 AM Wrote:What size are they, 15"?
[right][snapback]285362[/snapback][/right]
BBS centre caps? Poseur win?
vintage stang wheels.
Every tricked out stang at my highschool had those!
they got a date on them from 1992 lol
Thats some pretty old wheels good luck on getting them back into decent condition, I personally wouldn't put fake BBS caps on the wheels since you can defenetly tell there not bbs style.
ok ill just keep the caps that are on them. they will look alot better when im done with them but for $100 i coulnt pass them up.
yeah, thumbs down to BBS posing
ok scrapping the bbs idea...... :blink:
Those things belong on a 92 Accord.
ANTHONYD,Apr 20 2009, 08:40 AM Wrote:vintage stang wheels.
Every tricked out stang at my highschool had those!
[right][snapback]285383[/snapback][/right]

I remember that as well lol, nobody would fess up that they got them from Canadian Tire though lol!

come on now dont be haten the old school rims......... :angry: :ph34r:
Jmountney1,Apr 20 2009, 03:56 PM Wrote:come on now dont be haten the old school rims.........  :angry:  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]285458[/snapback][/right]

We ain't hatin bro. These are the rims we grew up with years ago. There wasn't a LARGE selection @ that time, so a lot of people rolled with these particular rims, which were coincidentally sold @ Canadian Tire.

There are a few ways to "dress those up" i.e strip them down, bronze paint/black beading, etc etc. Polish them up , endless color combos for your choosing, BUT don't throw a BBS sticker on them. It's like putting an GTR badge on a dodge lol.

Dimitri,Apr 20 2009, 11:09 PM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Apr 20 2009, 03:56 PM Wrote:come on now dont be haten the old school rims.........  :angry:  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]285458[/snapback][/right]

We ain't hatin bro. These are the rims we grew up with years ago. There wasn't a LARGE selection @ that time, so a lot of people rolled with these particular rims, which were coincidentally sold @ Canadian Tire.

There are a few ways to "dress those up" i.e strip them down, bronze paint/black beading, etc etc. Polish them up , endless color combos for your choosing, BUT don't throw a BBS sticker on them. It's like putting an GTR badge on a dodge lol.
[right][snapback]285463[/snapback][/right]

did they really sell prime rims as crappy tire. or rims that look like them
[Image: 2901459515_49f0cc58ba_o.jpg]\

The Mustang that I drove @ Shannonville back in the 90's (this pic I was 17) 16 years ago came equipped with PRIME rims as well, took center-caps off though for safety reasons. Flying caps + high speed = lot's of bandages lol.

[Image: n797755051_158014_8163.jpg]

This is what your rims look like without paint.
[Image: 9695ha7_18.jpeg]

For most of the Domestic Cars of the 80's & 90's. In York region, we didn't have tire shops (1 maybe 2) Your basic product line-up back then were:

Centerlines -----BIG BUCKS for a set of these
Craggar
American Racing
Prime

Canadian Tire store's were the only ones carrying American Racing & Prime. BUT the stigma attached from buying anything from Canadian Tire wasn't "cool" enough with the Grease monkeys of the era. A good friend of mine ran a set of 17 inch (whoa!!! lol 17" back then was considered your 20" today lol) Prime's on his Buick Regal T-Type with 275 tires on the rear. Looked cool then. But like they say art and fashion tend to repeat themselves.

Good luck with your project. ;)
thanks

just my luck

lol