FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Need Sub Pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son came to me with an idea of getting rid of his box of a sub in the back and making the spare tire well the new sub enclosure. He was looking at using some sort of clear acrylic and keeping it simple. Anyone done this before? I'm sure I've seen it, but I need a few pics for ideas. Any info would be great too.

But first I am kicking his ass to get all the mod crap done I bought him. Geesh already!
Thats what i got. Sub is installed right into a custom fiberglassed box and i have a sunken in amp. I also added some plexi glass in there to..
when u build it dont try to make the whole face plex. u will need a very thick chunk to make it as rigid as it needs to be. i would make most of the box out of MDF and glass then sink in a spot for the amps and cover that with plex. just make sure u give the amp ample cooling as well. very easily done with a nice clean look in the end.
Check this thread out then. Gives lots of different options for subwoofer placement and installs.

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...age=0&fpart=all