FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jetfest 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought i'd start spreading this around on here, seeing as South Bend, IN is only a 6.5-7hr drive from the GTA.

Seems like a great weekend .. plus its even a long weekend
wrcfan 10/20/04 11:57a Wrote:We did a lot of research on different venues in different areas of the country and have decided to keep the inaugural event a bit closer to our HQ. This will work out better for some and not for others. This is what we've come up with:

What: JetFest 2005
When: July 30 - 31, 2005
Where: The Tire Rack - South Bend, IN

Expect to see the largest single gathering of Focus enthusiasts and their cars ever to be assembled.

There will be a judged Car Show (with prizes), an Autocross, (possibly) a Time/Distance Rally, Vendors, lots of Prizes, Food and Fun! Hopefully more events will be added, and maybe a few surprises.

We will provide additional details as they become available. We will start pre-registration by the first of the year if not sooner.

Please Note: The event is still pending our being successful in acquiring insurance for the event. We hope to have that ironed out in the next week or so.

Edit: Here's a Link to the fj site with all the info you might want
Woohaa that looks like fun. I would definitly go! Hopefully I'll have a set of rims and my turbo up and running by then :)
I'm considering it. I'll have to look up the date on the calender etc, make sure i can book it off, etc etc.
We'll consider it... it'd be our first cross-border excursion with the SPI.
Too bad it's in Jesusland, I don't allow myself to go there anymore.
I also noticed that they now have names and #'s for hotels and camp sites offering a discount in the area to make reservations and what not. Jetfest reservations.

I wouldn't mind doing this if we could get a convoy of somesort from Ontario and have a little booth for us canadian's down there.
Then there's these stupid tits that are gonna be there too!

stupid ass's
ZX3 in progress,Jan 5 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:....a convoy of somesort from Ontario and have a little booth for us canadian's down there.
[right][snapback]77568[/snapback][/right]

you dont want to do that. You wanna BLEND IN. ;)
Flofocus,Jan 6 2005, 01:02 AM Wrote:
ZX3 in progress,Jan 5 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:....a convoy of somesort from Ontario and have a little booth for us canadian's down there.
[right][snapback]77568[/snapback][/right]

you dont want to do that. You wanna BLEND IN. ;)
[right][snapback]77570[/snapback][/right]

hehe it would be cool to have like 10-20 Focus in a convoy going down there
i'd most likely be down for that .... and at the rate the dollar is going .. it'll probably be even par come the end of july
Schade..........check the money market.........Dollar is heading down now.

I am not one for hanging out with the real fuktard Americans in the midwest at some bukfuk trailor park.

If we can't get 10 guys to a meet here, how do you think 10-20 Foci would drive to a meet in the States?
lol i would actually drive my fully stock focus down there if there are enough pplz going... :ph34r:... I think we have about 10 focus atleast just from the pplz here...plus, its during the summer so we should have time to print out flyers and stick them on every focus's wipers....Im not really excited to go to the US...lol i just want to drive in a convoy of like 10 focus...

Im from the east side toronto and so far, i've only seen 2 focus thats been modified here...a white zx5 and a blue zx3...if the east side had a meet, i doubt anybody would even show up... :( .... I guess theres just not that many Focus lovers over here...
Im going... it should be intresting.