FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Blame It On The Low Profile Tires?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
k, so I have a question for the tire guru's. My dealer has now agreed that after 2 alignments it's still pulling to the left a noticeable amount (not too bad but it's there) He said they are going to print off the alignment reports and if all checks out they will simply blame it on low profile tire wear... "it's common for low profile tires to do this" he says.

Can anyone give me an informed opinion about this please? Thanks all.

Carey
<_<

I have a 40 Series tire, rode them till they were done. I mean DONE, they never pulled to any side but they made a hell of a lot of noise.

More of an experience than a professional opinion though.
Thanks Nate.

Also, to add, if uneven tire wear were to occur on a track, which (tire wear-wise) would cause a pull to the left, left hand or right hand turns??

my khumos this summer (55) were wearing out all weird caus of the drop.. i got some azenis (50) at the end of the summer, i told the guy at the alignment shop that my other tires were not wearing straight and he realigned it.. all was good wear was perfect..

might not be as "slim" but im pretty sure you can fix that.. you "might" need camber kit.. but i wouldn't blame the tires
Thanks BerinG, but the car isn't lowered and they are 40 series I think... the conti's are 45's right?? So then my Fuzions are 40's. I can't see what would cause the need for a camber kit in that case. This is strange.
brooks .. have you tried swapping your front tires to see if the car still pulls to the left? If you do this and the car still pulls to the left, then it isn't the tires, but then if it pulls to the right after swapping .. then i'd say its tires
schade,Jan 5 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:brooks .. have you tried swapping your front tires to see if the car still pulls to the left?  If you do this and the car still pulls to the left, then it isn't the tires, but then if it pulls to the right after swapping .. then i'd say its tires
[right][snapback]77531[/snapback][/right]

They are directional tires, so I can only swap front to back on the same side. I was thinking of getting them to put on a set off a new car there and testing it. That would be a usefull test.

Thanks bro.
also make sure one of the calipers isn't draging and causing the car to pull to one side
just bolt the continental and stockers... they try to bullshit you man, my tire are wear very uneaven and it dont pull at all, still dead straight, and they are 7.5 inch wide rims too.... :o
I asked the kid and I have put in a call to my buddy the Conti rep, but the kid says what a load of crap. Most likely the tires need to be swapped front to rear and the problem should go away. If it doesn't, then it could be a slight bend in one of your control arms, something that is hard to measure. This might not be an obvious bend, and they may not be able to measure it, but i would rearrange the tires first and then go after the control arm if the problem persists.

I went to both dealors with my rims and they wouldnt do my alignment. They both admitted there equipment would NOT do the propper job. They sent me to a speacial shop.

The one guy that works there even told me there machine sucks becuase he had alignment issues with his car to... My opionion. Dont let the dealor do it.
reports check out fine, so he insisted it was the 'low profile tires'... so I insisted they need to put another set of tires on and drive it, he said ok. I look forward to his reply of "seemed to be just fine on those other tires"... hard to prove unless I drive it huh
any word?

I'm kinda interested to know what the problem was, if it was solved
Nothing to report... I did tell them there was no giant rush. I already know what I"m gonna hear but whatever. It's living in their compound nice and secure so no biggie. I'll let you know when I hear something.

schade,Jan 13 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:any word?

I'm kinda interested to know what the problem was, if it was solved
[right][snapback]78815[/snapback][/right]