FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Battery Relocation To Trunk....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,
I want to relocate my battery to the trunk of my ZX5 and I was wondering if anyone has done this before. I need to know if theres any kits out there that I can buy or what kind of wireing i'll need to do this.
Thanks

Matt B)
i was going to do that but some old guy from PI told me that its not good. the check engine light will come on. well that is what he told me. he might be full of it but i never did it anyways. as for doing it you can just get a kit from crappy tire or PI. they should both have generic ones that you can put.
Check engine light? Thats weird, i've been on other forum's and have seen people relocating the battery to the trunk and never had that happen. My cousin relocated his battery to the trunk on his 99' Cougar and he never had any problems. The reason I want to relocate the battery is to get a little more space in my engine bay since I am putting in a turbo. I'll have to check out crappy tire i guess.

some guys that have gone turbo have actually gotten pretty creative with relocating there battery .. the one that i like stayed pretty closed to its stock location but was just droped down about 6-8 inches and tucked against the fender.

As for moving it to the trunk .. all your really gonna need is about 12ft or so of battery cable (either 2 or 4 gauge), and a new bracket or battery box to mount in the trunk.

I, myself wouldn't trust any kit that crappy tire sells for doing this. PI should have one that most of the drag racers would use
You may also need to look into a dry/gel cell battery for putting into the interior to avoid spills and any dangerous fumes.
ask darkpuppet, his is in the trunk
they also had a discussion on club focus
http://forums.clubfocus.net/viewtopic.php?...tery+relocation
I like were that guy dropped it lower and off towards the fender, its not a bad idea......although i'm still stuck on the idea of putting it in the trunk. I just feel I'll have more room and it will be less of a hassle if something goes wrong. I dunno, what do you guys think? I also know Moroso sells a container to put the battery in, when its in your trunk. It has a drainage tube too. http://moroso.com/catalog/categorydispla...Code=42001

As posted in the thread on CF, i run a Taylor Battery relocation kit.
made from a nice brushed aluminum box, it's mounted just right of center in the spair tire well.

i'll try and remember to post some good pics tomorrow