FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Euro Focus (video's - Nos/neons Etc)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was bored today, so me and my m8 went to film our cars. These are pretty cool, mainly coz my car is clean...summit u don't see very often unless a mag feature or a show (I live in the high mountains of Wales...that's why! )

Hope you like...

http://www.6gear.co.uk/otherstuff/cochyn/v...s%20Vid%201.AVI
http://www.6gear.co.uk/otherstuff/cochyn/v...s%20Vid%202.AVI
http://www.6gear.co.uk/otherstuff/cochyn/v...s%20Vid%203.AVI
very cool but I think you need to get your rad hose fix before you get all that mist on the windshield :lol:
Rad hose? what's dat?
DD1,Jan 2 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:very cool but I think you need to get your rad hose fix before you get all that mist on the windshield :lol:
[right][snapback]77123[/snapback][/right]

Yes very cool, you should also check underneath your car for fire, there is a red glow under there. :lol:
radator hose coolant hose ......the thing that goes to the radiator ;)
Oh right, I see! You know, it would be an idea to post a topic up on translations from British terms and American/Canadian terms for automotive parts. Including slang! :lol:

But no, that was actually quite a bit of N2o I minced there :unsure:
i know when you see me post it is 99% a good chance that I am being extremely a SMART ASS :lol:

but once again very cool vid B)
COCHYN,Jan 2 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:Rad hose? what's dat?
[right][snapback]77124[/snapback][/right]

In the UK there is different jargon for naming of car parts (i.e. hood = bonnet), so a rad hose is probably called a "heat dispersal transportation tube" :blink:
Hell, u must be old if just used that for an argument! :lol:

But no, we have summit similar. But I wasn't being sarcastic, coz a lot o ppl in the states don't know half the crap we're talking about and vise versa.

Like hood=bonnet
Hatch=Boot

or the way ppl say things. We say roof, and u guys pronounce it like 'rough?'

Either way, it can all be technical. I'm Welsh, so my 1st language is Welsh, so I got sum more freaky terms for things! :lol:
My grandma talks funny to. She was actualy born in Austria then lived in Nothern Wales to for a bit.

There's a lady at work from Liver Pool thats teaches me all the terms and neat stuff.

Its funny trying to get her to say hamburger LOL but she makes fun of me when I say gas station. Its petrol station or just considered a shop.

Plus whats up with everyone in some parts of europe closer to Liver Pool calling ppl by a different name. This one dude just kept calling every one john. Go to give him something and he says "Thank's John." Maybe he was just a werido. LOL
Yup, I think he was a weirdo! :lol:

The reason ppl think we're all close here in wales is coz its a very small country. Well, not small, but compared to other coutries (not Ireland) its small. So ppl move around a lot, from North to South Wales. So we have friends all over the place. I have some family in Canada too, hence why I play Ice Hockey and love Team Canada Hockey.

Hmmm...why do I get the feeling SOUTH PARK is gonna appear in a sec. As I recall a-boot something in that film, is any of it true??? :lol:
I find that Western Canadians talk way different then Eastern.
ZX3TUNR,Jan 2 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:I find that Western Canadians talk way different then Eastern.
[right][snapback]77138[/snapback][/right]

The Newfoundlanders talk in a fashion that sounds more like the Irish than Canadian.
ZX3TUNR,Jan 2 2005, 09:34 PM Wrote:I find that Western Canadians talk way different then Eastern.
[right][snapback]77138[/snapback][/right]

The first thing i thought when i came out here was "holy s hit, everyone talks like a super candian!" like you can actually here some accent in there voice, and instead of saying eh, the say "hey", and "so hows that working for ya??"

dont get me started on Neufies...

American's say "rough", we dont, we say roof
Can you cleary up what these are lol

boot floor
the term jigged
and boot lid

I heard those used a few times by some euro guys and am :blink: LOL LOL
Sweet Ride there COCHYN! B)

Boot - trunk
bonett - hood
boot lid - trunk lid
Boot floor -trunk floor :D

Boot in Canadian refers to the storage space
for the covertable top.
Hope this was of some help. :)
You see, I told ya we should have had a thread up especially for this!!! :lol:

But its the same here, in North Wales we speak Welsh, and although South Wales is considered the more Welshy part (coz that's where our Rugby team is and all the other good teams), most ppl speak English. Although they are Welsh, they have the accent down o.k., but they can't speak the language.

How crappy is that?!

So let me get this one clear then...

American's pronounce Roof as 'rough',
Canadian's (western) say 'Hey'
Canadian's (eastern) say 'eh'

is that right? cool, just as long as I know where I stand! :lol:

RIGHT, LET ME SPEAK SOME WELSH TO YA! YOU'LL DEFFO THINK ITS ARABIC! :lol:
Damn chinks... cheekeen bools
ZOOM,Jan 3 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:Damn chinks... cheekeen bools
[right][snapback]77198[/snapback][/right]

what? eh? what u on about? :lol: