FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Optima Batteries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since most of us are going to need a new battery come spring, they are having a discount at Price Club that runs from Jan. 17th to the end of the month.

A great battery for the price.
Do you know what price they are offering for them? I was there on Thursday and there were none out just a display in the auto dept. and when I inquired on the price the girl told me she wasn't sure but she thought they were about $400?? This was for the Red Top.
Wow, that would be an outrageous price, but I think she's a little off on the price. I will check this week when I am there.
You can pick one up on the Us side of the border for around $100US, so it must be in the 150-175 Can range.
Costco is offering $31 off from Jan.17-23 for those interested.

That info is for the red top 75/35

You can buy them at Walmart for $158 . We got one for Tyler's car but would have to buy cable extender or new cables to make it work so we returned it.
I picked up my yellow top for $225 with tax from Sam's club.

then i took out the battery tray and made my own, but i've heard that they just fit but the cover won't fit back on.
Ya I didn't think she knew what she was talking about, cause I knew they didn't cost that much. I think my battery is going so I'll probably be picking one of these up anyways somewhere along the line!
$158 sounds about right............And the cover............WHAT COVER?

It would get tossed anyway.
$153 before taxes and rebate for the red top at Costco..
what's the best optima battery for the focus? i don't have any ICE but just want a better battery! iwhich is the best yellow, red, etc..???
The red top is fine and it fits too,
When looking at the Optima site the only battery listed for the focus is the red top. So if I yellow fits you probably have to do some work. I'm gonna be picking up a red top in the next few weeks.
Since you fuktards are so forgetful, here's a reminder about the battery sale this week. I noticed they only had 2 left locally where there were 10 last week. Get 'em while there hot!
how much are they on sale for? When I checked 2 weeks ago they were $150 or so.
All of Optimas's products are simply boat/marine batteries with their name on it, making them a premium priced item...you can buy a boat battery for 1/2 the price, with the same specs and technology. Was told this by my uncle who owns a commercial battery supply business (and who also happens to sell optima batteries too)...
ZX3 in progress,Jan 19 2005, 04:05 AM Wrote:how much are they on sale for? When I checked 2 weeks ago they were $150 or so.
[right][snapback]79548[/snapback][/right]

$31 off of the regular price of $152

And yes, that is somewhat true that they are a relative of the marine deep cycle battery. That is why they work so well as a deep cycle battery for the car.