FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headgasket Shoot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

so for the alst month, my car has started to consume coolant, at first I didnt think much of it, assuming it was due to cold weather and maybe some overflow lost....

but yesterday I noticed I had less than an inch of coolant in the tank, way below low... :huh:

I also noticed that my manifold clamp on cylinder #1 was being crushed by the circle clamp, so I fixed that and made sure that manifold perfect and it was. :)

I figured I'd change my plugs back to the stock ones instead of running the cold plugs.

so I removed them and I had over and inch of oil in the #1 plug... damn, oil blow by into the valve cover middle section where the plug go, ok, not that big of a deal there neither, maybe a bad fit on the groomets that space the valve cover...

all the plug seemed fine, none white.... :huh:

look at the oil very intensivle and it look just perfect, clear and black golden shine, not milky at all and not coffee color....

wtf went my coolant?

I am gonna go have a pressure test done on the coolant system this week and find out.

my dad which is a class A mopar tech for over 35 years say maybe it only leak in very cold weather and that why its seem so weird. he saw this happen before.

anyway, I was bored and felt like letting ya know.
I may have the answer, as I have had the same problem in my truck. It may be leaking out the heater for your car. I noticed last winter I was slowly losing coolant and it was showing up in my driveway in the snow, but near the rear differential. WTF I said to the boy. But what he said was that because we only use the system in the winter, we might not notice the leak in summer. Duh. It had dripped down from the heater core, along the frame rail, and exited near the rear diff on the truck.
I had a trouble with my coolant at the end of this summer...it was leaking really slowy by the thermostat housing...just a little drop right on the tranny...where it's hard to see ;) but it dont take long that all the coolant fall on the floor... :huh:

it was the gasket of the housing and the housing that was in fault...i may take a picture if you want to see what it's look like...

Not sure if it can help...but it's always good to have an idea ;)

let me know if you want to see that.
Marc,

This is off topic but I must say your English is great! You almost can't tell you are French anymore! ;)

A+
My Red focus used to do it. apparently its a common problem with the thermostat housing.
thanks guys, I'll look into the thermostat housing, good lead. :)

Jay, thanks man, I try to broaden my knowledge of this language as much as I can, Its nice to hear from someone who see's a difference.
french_connection,Jan 6 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:thanks guys, I'll look into the thermostat housing, good lead.  :)

Jay, thanks man, I try to broaden my knowledge of this language as much as I can, Its nice to hear from someone who see's a difference.
[right][snapback]77675[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't have even known your french if it wasn't for you name :)
I thought you were Chinese and liked movies with car chases.