FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got A New Exhaust...finally...lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to MBRP yesterday morning at their new location just south of Huntsville, and got a new exhaust installed on the car. I find that in certain driving conditions it's kinda loud, but overall, it could have been worse. The car is quicker than it was before, and the exhaust is actually quieter under hard acceleration than it is during slow take-offs. One thing I noticed however is that the tip peice is different than the ones I've seen on Paolo's car or other cars with older systems. The tip looks more like a Magnaflow one. But that's ok, I have certainly caught a lot of interest from other people in other vehicles, especially imports. The build quality is 1st rate, and the installation was also very well done too. I like how none of the system can be seen from around the car, except for the huge tip. I love how the rest is tucked up in the pockets in the floorpan, leaving better ground clearance than the OEM system did. That'll be good if I put a suspension kit on it and lower it about 1.25" all around. I let my dad drive the car too, and watched (and listened) to the car going down my street under full throttle...it sounds like a WRC focus, but quieter/more civilized. Also, since the system was on sale, I got it for $249.99, and $55 labour to install it. Out the door for $350.75...a definate bargain and an excellent investment. I'd reccomend this system to anyone thinking of buying an exhaust system...Props to Eric and the staff at MBRP!
You like eh? Put one on a year and a half ago and its is awesome!
I put mine in october and couldn't be happier. I've found tho that it gets a lil loud when you hit the gas while cruising at highway speeds but other than that i haven't had any complaints with it. And you can't go wrong for the price they're selling them for right now.
Anybody have a MBRP system on their SVT yet? How is it? I was thinking of getting one. Also how different are the exhaust systems on the SVT and a ZX3? Any chance of putting a SVT stock system on a stock ZX3?
I'm pretty sure you can't put a stock svt system onto a stock zx3 cuz the headers are different. I think i've heard of it being done but you'd need to get some custom work done to make it bolt up.
You can put ANY SVT catback on a ZX3 you just have to slot the holes on the flange.
Where is that location?

Can i get the exact location?

I want as quiet as possible
good to hear! i just bought an mbrp exhaust from supern0va. he said he used for 1 month. i got it for $165 CDN shipped to my door. i just cant wait for it to get here and get it bolted up. hopefully monday :D
Chromey,Jan 1 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:Where is that location?

[right][snapback]76991[/snapback][/right]

if u want quiet as possible avoid mbrp, its the loudest one on the market. FJ did a catback exhaust comparo and mbrp was the loudest nad had pretty much the same power gains.

FJ exhaust shootout
Well, if you do want an MBRP, then you'll find them at:

M.B.R.P inc
315 Old Ferguson Road
R.R. #1
Huntsville, Ontario
P1H 2J2

1-888-636-7223

Regardless of the MBRP being the loudest of all of the exhaust systems on the FJ shootout, I find that it's easy to live with, and after having int on for a couple of days, I can say that I'm starting to get used to it already. It's not THAT loud when you are driving, and it's actually only noisy if you drive/accelerate slowly...it gets quieter under harder acceleration. Depends on what you want. If you want quieter, then maybe you could look at the others, mind you, they are a LOT more expensive...
I have a bosal if you want to hear an exhaust that sounds like a WRC drive my car, it pops and screams like the WRC but its as slow as a stock focus.

My Borla makes sounds that sexually excites me. :blink: :o
I have the mbrp on my svt... and i love it. sometimes its a bit loud. other times i wish it was louder. :P
ZX5focused,Jan 1 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:
Chromey,Jan 1 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:Where is that location?

[right][snapback]76991[/snapback][/right]

if u want quiet as possible avoid mbrp, its the loudest one on the market. FJ did a catback exhaust comparo and mbrp was the loudest nad had pretty much the same power gains.

FJ exhaust shootout
[right][snapback]76993[/snapback][/right]

I believe that the Vibrant system is the loudest overall .. but the MBRP is a pretty close second