FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Yay To Exahust Leaks .. Still Leaking :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got everything done race header, flex you name it. Double checked everything looked good. So I lowered the car and BAM got her started. Oh man it sounds good. Saw some smoke come from the brand new ceramic header prolly burning some grease marks from my hands that i missed when wiping it off. So far so good. Doesnt sound like Magnaflow no more or a small compact with just exahust on. I cant explain how it sounded. I got hot shots on my seat... :lol: OH BABY.. Im sitting here thinking hmm this isnt loud at all. get out check everything over looks good then i look at the bottom and AHHH I see exhaust and moisture dripping out between the flex and the straigth pipe from the exhaust. Jack er up and dammit, Gasket is wrecked. s**t!! Gotta get a new one LOL. Then I can actually here how it really sounds LOL So close........
Just curious, what have you been driving while your car has been in the air getting headers, dash pieces, mirrors bustin', etc.?
nothing lol

The only place I ever drive to is to and from work and I catch a ride with my dad.
Lucky Bastard, that is all I gotta say..... :P
glad to hear that it sounds good. if your still having a problem with the exhaust leak, try using high temp RTV sealant to make it stop leaking.
This is making me mad. I bought 2 different gaskets and still got a small leak. Not as much as the first but fack sakes. Its there and leaks are no good.

My dad checked the flex and he said it looks like it wasnt machined propperly. It does look kind of werid... I dunno. You think that is was a focus sport flex it would be perfect..

The sound seemed more raspier then last night but LOL ppl who say it was going to be super loud are wrong LOL. You havent heard loud till you see the ricers of Regina streets. Still blowing quite a bit of smoke burning the new pipes. Stinky to lol. Smells like how when we painted jarrods shorty header LOL
Like focus guy said, the high temp rtv should do the trick.
Would putting 2 gaskets together work??
are they copper gaskets that your using?

this is the stuff that should stop those leaks
http://www.permatex.com/auto/autouh.asp?au...m&item_no=81878
ZX3TUNR,Dec 31 2004, 06:16 AM Wrote:You think that is was a focus sport flex it would be perfect..

That is very interesting that you might say that Jay. I didn't get the Focus Sport flex because I, yes I said I..my opinion, is that there are better products on the market. And, Focus Sport to my knowledge, doesn't make a 2.5" flex pipe. So I ended up buying a Trubenz SS 2.5". It hasn't gone on the car yet, but time will tell if I made the right decision.

I also didn't buy the race header because of noise issues, but I am glad it isn't that noisy for you..........yet. I would love to hear you say that after you take it on the highway over 120. I hear it's loud.

Best of luck Jay
Thanks for the link Tyler. I will go pick it up on sunday and give it a try. See if it works.

I found the sound to be more raspier. I still couldnt find the video of rubbermans exahust to compare. Is it supposed to give it that raspy sound. Dont get me wrong it sounds good still.

Ya. I wont find out till I get it on the highway. Good thing for the stereo. I couldnt see it being any louder then my freinds 4x4 truck with full exahust
I've seen and heard rubberman's car in person..............Yikes it is loud.

So loud we had to leave the building when he dyno'd

hey.....hold on a minute

here is what you do .....go to a speed shop that has a clientel of mainly hard core drag racers....not street guys....ask them for some mr.gasket header gasketing material....he will have it and it comes in a piece big enough to do a big block to header gasket....should be less than 20 bucks....trace your outline onto this stuff , apply some (very small) amount of high temp silicone....this will work...

I suffered the same sort of problem with my high flow cat....first factory gasket leaked no mater what, second lasted about a week before it leaked , third gasket blew out....one try with the mr.gasket material and have been good to go ever since

this stuff is white in colour and according t my guy is used almost exclusively by his sponsored drag racing pros....

give it a try
I will try the stuff from Canadian tire. If that stuff dont work Im going to goto the hardcore race shop here and see the big v8 race guys.
^^^^^^^^

save your self the trip.....the mr gasket stuff is what you want
dad,Jan 1 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:^^^^^^^^

save your self the trip.....the mr gasket stuff is what you want
[right][snapback]76973[/snapback][/right]

what he said, the high temp gasket goo will work only for a little while, beleive me, I redid mine many many mnay mnay times on my old zx3, do it right now, cut your own MR-gasket with a layer or rtv on top as dad said.
Where can I buy this Mr. Gasket stuff too? I'll need it for future reference :)
Went to the one shop today and they thought I was on crack.

I walked up to the fucktard and asked if they carried Mr. Gakest?

He then asked me what kind of car I had. I told him 2003 Focus then I asked why does he need to know? (For a second I thought he was one of those guys that once he found out I was modding a Focus he didn't want to help. Thats another story though.) So he then gave me the werid look (the one where he thinks your a retard) and he says "Exactly what part are you looking for." I told him its for making gaskets. So he looks into the computer and tells me they dont make it for my car.

LOL I didnt even want to bother anymore so I left.

you gotta tell him it is "sheet " gasket material.....but i will tell you that this product will save you an amazing amount of grief...be patient and find it....
Jay, You got an Autozone or Parts Source? thats where I picked up my sheet.
Pages: 1 2