FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Worst Focus Piece Evar!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I absolutely despise the stock wiper blades...in fact, the whole intermittent system on my focus sucks....I also think that the steering wheel is to 'heavy and clunky'//

What do you hate about your Focus?
The door handles suck.

even brand new ones seem to stick.
Honestly I dont have much to complain about it. Had the car for almost 2 years and only thing I replaced was the rear drum witch got replaced no questions asked.

I would have to say the only thing that I hate or more so annoying is the release bearing when it starts making that tick tick tick tick tick.

My dad ran into more problems then anything with his brand new Acura 3.2TL with in 2 weeks of picking up the car.
If anything, the stock exhaust is a tad wimpy (to be expected, I know) and annoyingly placed at the exit tip.

Otherwise, the seats could use a tad more bolstering, but that's about it.
Theres nothing that really bugged me about the focus. Its honestly been the best car I've owned so far. I've got 90k on my car so far and nothing has come up that hasn't come up on any other car that i've driven for the same amount of time.

Center caps!!!!!! :angry:

-P@
Is all of the above an answer? Actually your list contains things that have in generally done well. I have 3" stack of work orders and related correspondance that are Focus related. A year and a half ago AnthonyD let us know that he has 89 days in the shop with his 2002. The Focus is the Sea King of automobiles except it is 4 years old not 40.

At the very least add DPFE and the many fuel system problems.

I had a sucessful warranty rust claim too.
I voted suspension for the fact that it makes the car look like a 4x4......
have to be the seats, they fit me good enough, but the material sucks on mine.
OMG I have the same dam problem every winter, and its litterally starting to make me rage. EVEN when I use wiper fluid that is good for -45 or more IT STILL BLOODY FREEZES and I CANNOT clean my windows! Tonight I just about got into an accident going at 120 down Ring Rd because I couldn't clean my windows... Lucky for me I was just at a turnoff where a gas station was so I was able to stop, gas up and clean the windows...

That and I think my car has a moisture problem. Again, every winter I get massive condensation on the inside and then it freezes and I have to scrape windows on the inside. Its not as bad this year because I've been using the vents to circulate the air and warm up before I put it on defrost, but its still bad enough to be a pain...

Beyond those 2 things, I've had no problems that are cause for concern. Replaced the windsheild twice because of punks with rocks, but thats it.
I think Anthony got the lemon. Just like how my dad had a lemon Acrua. Just like how my old boss had a lemon WRX.. There all pecies of crap..

Quote: 120 down Ring Rd because

Bort.., YIKES!!!! Your just asking for trouble. I dont think the roads are that good. The speed limit is 100 and this time of year it should be 70...
ZX3TUNR,Dec 30 2004, 12:54 AM Wrote:I think Anthony got the lemon. Just like how my dad had a lemon Acrua. Just like how my old boss had a lemon WRX.. There all pecies of crap..

Bort.., YIKES!!!! Your just asking for trouble. I dont think the roads are that good. The speed limit is 100 and this time of year it should be 70...
[right][snapback]76742[/snapback][/right]

We all know that BORT's a Speedaholic..... :P
My seats piss me off. I mean they are comfortable as hell but mine are going to be ripping soon on the drivers side ass corner. I know other people have had problems with this as well.
S2,Dec 30 2004, 01:26 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Dec 30 2004, 12:54 AM Wrote:I think Anthony got the lemon. Just like how my dad had a lemon Acrua. Just like how my old boss had a lemon WRX.. There all pecies of crap..

[right][snapback]76742[/snapback][/right]

We all know that BORT's a Speedaholic..... :P
[right][snapback]76759[/snapback][/right]

Well I AM a speedaholic, but 99.9% of the time I obey the speed limit. I've had a thing for speed since I was a toddler, but I've never actually had an outlet to legally "speed" so I never have. 110-120 is normal speeds for Regina and surrounding, so thats not bad. I REALLY was very disapointed that I couldn't hit the drag track in Saskatoon with you guys this year, but hopefully next I will.

As for my washer fluid problems, I'm taking the car out to Vandecor on Friday and letting it sit in their heated garage for a few hours to let it thaw out. Hopefully everything will thaw enough for us to drain the washer fluid and we can redo it with stuff rated higher than -35. If that doesn't work, I'm going to smash my car with a sledgehammer then part out the good pieces. :angry: Naw, I wouldn't... Or would I???
I remember last year when i was driving the car in winter I had the same thing to. The windows froze up from the inside LOL
Bort,Dec 30 2004, 12:54 AM Wrote:EVEN when I use wiper fluid that is good for -45 or more IT STILL BLOODY FREEZES and I CANNOT clean my windows! [right][snapback]76741[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm that sounds funny.. your windows are warm (like having the vent/defroster running with hot air) and the washer fluid freezes on the window?

Washer fluid will freeze on your windsheild after you wipe it off if the window is still cold, since the blades leave just a thin layer of moisture that's exposed to all the cold air.. you cant spray it on unless the window is fairly warm.

I've just been using the cheap -35 stuff we have at work and I have never had any problems like that before.
I hate my drum brakes. The front disk are ok, but they have really weird wear pattern. It's messed up. As for the DRUMS, they dont do anything. I can pull up my handbrake at like 20km/h and It will need like 60ft to stop lol it might be an exaggeration but I just hate them.
The first week I had the car my drum brakes made a weird ass grinding noise when I hit the brakes. I was going to bring it into the dealer but it went away. One really strange thing that happened to me (only once tho) is I was coming down a hill (thank god I wasn't going fast) and my brakes completly failed.
I pumped them sooo many times but I got nothing but a pedal to the floor (and yes it was the brake pedal). I had to use my damn handbrake to stop and downshift at the same time i stopped right on the stop sign line, if i went any further I woulda got nailed by an SUV. As soon as i stopped I pumped my brakes again and they worked fine........no understanding why it happened. I looked under my car there and there was no brake fluid leaking or anything. Never had a problem with grinding or failer again.....well yet anyways.
Front brake - I always have uneven wear, the left pad always go alot quicker.
the outside door trim - no matter what I use, both end just won't held.
Oil/fuel filter - It is impossible to reach the filter without jecking up the car.
Seat - like other said, it is cheap.
Rear defroster - there is 4 lines in the middle don't work.
Fuel Pump
guilty,Dec 30 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:
Bort,Dec 30 2004, 12:54 AM Wrote:EVEN when I use wiper fluid that is good for -45 or more IT STILL BLOODY FREEZES and I CANNOT clean my windows! [right][snapback]76741[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm that sounds funny.. your windows are warm (like having the vent/defroster running with hot air) and the washer fluid freezes on the window?

Washer fluid will freeze on your windsheild after you wipe it off if the window is still cold, since the blades leave just a thin layer of moisture that's exposed to all the cold air.. you cant spray it on unless the window is fairly warm.

I've just been using the cheap -35 stuff we have at work and I have never had any problems like that before.
[right][snapback]76767[/snapback][/right]

No man, the fluid line completely freezes up, or the motor dies in the winter. I can hear it trying to pump the washer fluid, but nothing comes out. Completely dry...
Pages: 1 2