FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Older Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a laptop with the following:

Pentium 266 or faster computer
Something that can run Windows 98SE, ME, NT, 2000 or XP (MUST run more than win95)
Minumum RAM: 64 MB but would like 128 MB
A sound card that MUST have a mic in and external speaker plugin
Working speaker

Doesn't need to be fancy, but must have the above, and MUST work (doesn't matter if battery is dead, just need to be able to plug into the wall or a car lighter)...

I've been thinking of doing a really awesome project, but am keeping it under wraps until its done, or I find out if it will even work or not...
Hehehe the exact specs of mine with probably the exact same project in mind...
Raine,Dec 29 2004, 06:54 PM Wrote:Hehehe the exact specs of mine with probably the exact same project in mind...
[right][snapback]76662[/snapback][/right]

Hmmm I'm now VERY curious as to what your doing compared to me...

Does the software called "Realize Voice" mean anything for ya? :)
I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop..

it's 700Mhz, 512Ram, 13" screen (Kinda dull color tough), battery is pretty well pooched but, runs fine plugged in!

Graphics and sound cards should both be on-board...(nothing schnazzy)

runs 2000 and XP totally fine...

handles some games...

any other questions????
I've got a emachines 5309, only prob is the screens wrecked...so if you don't need a screen the rest of it is 100%. even the battery holds a good charge. Its a AMD 2400+.
Thanks guys, but my dad ended up buying me a laptop off of one of his friends for me. I got a Compaq 566Mhz Celeron, 160MB RAM and 6GB Hdd. Was a nice little gift.
microbunny,Dec 30 2004, 12:34 AM Wrote:I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop..

it's 700Mhz, 512Ram, 13" screen (Kinda dull color tough), battery is pretty well pooched but, runs fine plugged in!

Graphics and sound cards should both be on-board...(nothing schnazzy)

runs 2000 and XP totally fine...

handles some games...

any other questions????
[right][snapback]76700[/snapback][/right]

that laptop still for sale?