FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zetec Spark Plugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I went to Canadian Tire the other day browsing around for spark plugs. I looked in there little book there and they only had plugs for the SPI not the Zetec. Would there be any difference at all? Would they fit? The number of the part was
18-3704-8
HR9HPO
They come in packages of 2 and are called Bosch Platinums.
Thanks for the help

Matt :)

01-yellow-ZX3

Get the Motomaster Double Plat's instead.
Whats the difference? Would the Bosch's work anyways?
For performance stay away from any of the Plat. plugs , Ford/Motorcraft make a 1 step colder plug for the Zetec and it is a AZFS22C

Tom
1turbofocus,Dec 25 2004, 11:22 PM Wrote:For performance stay away from any of the Plat. plugs , Ford/Motorcraft make a 1 step colder plug for the Zetec and it is a AZFS22C

Tom
[right][snapback]76395[/snapback][/right]

If you go to the Ford parts counter they won't know what that AZFS22C is.. They're usually dumb. You'll have to tell them it's a AZFS22CF4. Which means they come in a pack of 4.

In my experience bosch platinums are not that good. I tried them in the van with little success. they don't seem to last long either.
Thanks, I'll go hunting for those instead now. :)
Also whats the gap on those AZFS22CF4 plugs?
Burnin21,Dec 26 2004, 04:39 PM Wrote:Thanks, I'll go hunting for those instead now. :)
Also whats the gap on those AZFS22CF4 plugs?
[right][snapback]76421[/snapback][/right]

Give them the whole AZFS22CF4, they will order it for you. As for the gap, just use the stock gap, I believe it is .51. I have try everything from .51 to .56, don't see any diff.
Ok if the stock gap is fine I'll leave it that way, it's not like i was gonna be playin around with the gaps anyway since I dont have a spark plug gapper lol. Once again thanks for the help!

Matt B)
Hey Matt,

Stick with the Motorcraft ones. They are usually the best for the Zetec. That's from my personal experience. I've tried many and I always went back to the Motorcraft ones.

Vito ;)
I agree with the others on here...Tried other brands of plugs, and went back to (and stuck with) the OEM Motorcraft ones. Car runs best on them. I also have stuck with 5W 20 Engine oil from ford too...get a good price at the dealer (same price or less than others), and again, the car always seems to run a bit smoother overall with Ford's oil. I would also highly reccomend the Ford Racing 9mm ignition wires...they were designed to be paired up with the OEM plugs, and the car had faster throttle response, and still idled as smooth as stock, if not better. Also, the car felt like it had slightly more torque too, but I think that might've been just the faster throttle response playing tricks on me...lol
No offence to ppl, but in my opinion anything made by General Motors (that can be repleced by aftermarket products) are shite! I run 75bhp jets on my Nitrous System as from last week, and the Ford platinums melted! Great! LOL

But I fitted sum colder Bosch plugs in (-2 degree's colder), and they're awsome. The engine starts brilliantly too!

But then again, most ppl don't run with N2O! :lol: