FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: April 19th Mosport Ddt Lapping Event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice Pics Looks like tons of Acura's
NikiterZTS,Apr 19 2009, 06:20 PM Wrote:Oh man....I never had so much legal fun.
One thing I have to say is Thank you Gabriel. Mentioning your name to Kevin was the main to get me in when list was full. He still remembers you and asked me if you're gonna come down all the way from Barrie.

Over all I kept up on the track pretty good. Have to work out my suspension set up. Gotta install my coilovers and and play around with my adjustable swaybars (front & back). Still have to flush my brake fluid to Ate Superblue.
One of the instructors asked me if he can roll with me for a couple laps, I was more then welcome for him to come by. He gave me good points.

Also new Si's with some suspension upgrade is a killer track car. Kept up very good with my WRX.

Will post photos later.

Thanks again G.
[right][snapback]285345[/snapback][/right]
Yes , you're very welcome , I am glad I could help and you at least had fun...me , I went to the party and everything went well untill some youngster about 15 years younger than me with a little too much drink on board addressed me some nice words and ruined my evening .
I see from your pics (nice pics btw :D )that were alot of cars there yesterday . I guess people couldn"t wait to burn some rubber after a long winter . At Touge there are guys with very powerful cars and some of them are really good drivers .Imagine what it takes for someone like me with a 'little ol' " Focus SVT almost stock to keep up with them ? It's an almost impossible task , but I still try :D
I noticed from your pics that you guys ran clockwise which is nice because last year we went the otherway around and to me was boring after a while ...yes , the SI's are great track cars ,last year there were two whites and a red one with a big rear wing that were very fast
Did you have instructors ??? Now that's something that I wish I didn't miss ! I can always use some more advice .
By the way one of the Touge guys was my buddy (Jacky lil azn guy) and soon as he saw me I was in for sure lol.
He took me out in his Impreza 2.5RS and I was like "Wow", that kid can drive.
Damn it i wanna finish my suspension asap.
Already found tons of videos on youtube (with my car in it as well).

Yea the young intsructor just came up to me and told me he wants to have a ride with my in my rex. So i was like "hope in" and i asked him to give me some hints and points here and there.

I seriosly wish that they changed the direction to counter-clockwise after a while.....you could tell the damage is more on the left tires then right side.

Seriosly 1/4 mile tracks got nothing on this. This is where you prove your driving skills.
ZX3_2NV,Apr 20 2009, 09:44 AM Wrote:Nice Pics Looks like tons of Acura's
[right][snapback]285393[/snapback][/right]

30 RSX's showed up :lol:
NikiterZTS,Apr 20 2009, 11:47 AM Wrote:By the way one of the Touge guys was my buddy (Jacky lil azn guy) and soon as he saw me I was in for sure lol.
He took me out in his Impreza 2.5RS and I was like "Wow", that kid can drive.
Damn it i wanna finish my suspension asap.
Already found tons of videos on youtube (with my car in it as well).

Yea the young intsructor just came up to me and told me he wants to have a ride with my in my rex. So i was like "hope in" and i asked him to give me some hints and points here and there.

I seriosly wish that they changed the direction to counter-clockwise after a while.....you could tell the damage is more on the left tires then right side.

Seriosly 1/4 mile tracks got nothing on this. This is where you prove your driving skills.
[right][snapback]285404[/snapback][/right]
No , they never changed the running direction during the day . Clockwise i like the first tight S turn , it's a tricky one ,you go as fast as you can , then you gotta make an almost 90 left going down hill and then a quick right but if you don't get it right , you end up jumping off the track .The same story counter-clockwise ,only that it's easier to control the car going uphill
I know exactly what you're talking about. Luckily never went out of the track. Heel/toe + AWD helps in that one.
Can't wait for the next track day.
I hear you , once you got the bug , it's tough to stay away from the track . The more you go , the more you learn , I have noticed that the more I went lapping , I saw less tire wear ,I got a little better at taking the turns . Having an underpowered car and FWD ,compared to others , it sure helps learning some turn technics .
Yeah I noticed that you went the opposite direction on the track to the SVTOA track weekend last year. I thought at the time that a few of those turns done the opposite direction would have been trouble for me :ph34r:

NefCanuck
got any more pics? would like to see them
Yes I do actually!
But at work I can't access photobucket and can't really do it from my Iphone.
Probably tonight when I get back to Toronto. :)
U mentioned Jacky , isn't he a slim chinese guy , one of the organizers along with Kevin and drives an RS 2.5 light silver with round head lights?
Gabriel,Apr 24 2009, 08:08 AM Wrote:U mentioned Jacky , isn't he a slim chinese guy , one of the organizers along with Kevin and drives an RS 2.5 light silver with round head lights?
[right][snapback]285728[/snapback][/right]

Yes, that would be him.
I see him at Subaru meets every sunday but he never told me that he is one of the orgonizers.
That man can drive. Suspension is really nice in his Subi. No body roll at all.
I hear you , I wish more ppl could drive like him , we'd have less handicapped on the roads . But then in our society you are expected to be so , if you're not , you fail. My wife learned to drive stick shift in Europe , she came here , went to get her license but failed the test because "she changed gears while turning " and double clutch is not permitted and some other BS . When she asked the examiner to show her how to do it properly , he replied : "sorry , I don't drive standard " !
Last year Jacky was left without brake pads so he became just a spectator :rolleyes:
Body roll ???shoot , my Focus has plenty of it , I have the stock suspension , I need to change it but I'm in recession + I have to bail out GM and others that get bonuses worth of 30-40G's / week :angry:
What tires are you running?
ContiSport Contact , the same that originally came on the car
Pages: 1 2