FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Headlights Finished (update)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: FullFrontal.jpg]
[Image: Headlights.jpg]
[Image: Nicelights.jpg]
your going to paint those aren't you.

it looks pretty good.
Looks very cool, I sincerely hope they work out long term. Are they "enclosed"?, if not paint them in the spring, they'll only get chips between now and then anyway.
Are those the JDM halos from e-bay?? Looks like hella but they don't give the angel eyes....
what brand and how much if i may ask?

they look good. They need to be painted thow..
Hope for your sake those arn't the ones that are super cheap on ebay....
If they're not enclosed (and they don't look to be) buy yourself some clear headlight covers or something. I have a feeling one smack of a stone on either the lens or the plastic and a) the halo will go or B) the plastic will crack. Looks nice, just be wary.
they look lik ethe apc ones with the ridges in them. :unsure:
They are the APC ones.

I payed 60$ for them. Not really worried if they break, Thier more of a test to see if so called s**t is really s**t.

I will be painting them if they hold up.
The APC ones are not that bad actually. Some of them have fitment issues but yours seem to be ok. You got them on pbviosly. I doubt you will run into any probs..
I knew it :P

Let us know how the test goes. I know you hear a lot about ebay/apc being crap but I know 3 guys have had either the APC or the ebay knowoffs on and I havent seen them post saying their s**t yet. <_<

I plan to paint them myself too just for shits and giggles.

Ive painted Metals before , Never plastic.

Ive asked a few times about how to paint these, All i get is smart ass remarks.

WHat should i use to clean them Before I prime them?
sand them with 600 grit, clean with a de-greaser (i usualy use my mom dishwasher soap) and I use TSP (i think thats what its called)

After clean give them a shot of primer let the primer dry really good. give it a really light wet sand with 1000 grit if there are any imperfections. I usually skit that step.
Give them a good shot of paint. Do light coats!!!!!!!!! If you get to much on it well run or look like crap. then you have to let it fully dry, sand it down and start over....
once paint is on give it a shot of clear coat. I find when using clear coat do the 1st coat really light then get heavier as you do more coats. not to heavy else it will run.

Honestly easier just to let the dealor do it. its worth a try to do it your self and a learning experience. you can use this the exact same way to paint the interior peices as well... plastic can be a bitch to paint sometimes but paitence is key..
Thanks alot.

I just figure, I pay 60 bucks for them I dont wanna Spend anoth 100$ to get them painted if they turn out to be s**t.

Ill try painting them And if it dosent turn out oh well, Ill sand them and paint them black.
I bought a set of clear corners for my US spec front bumper from ebay a couple of weeks ago. Cost me $35 cdn, shipping included, and they came with the the amber bulbs which was a nice little bonus. They actually fit better than the OEM lenses, and the lightbulb sockets snug into the lenses tighter too. Not a bad deal considering I was looking at spending $80 cdn for other ones in Toronto that don't look as good. Those Halo lights look pretty good...almost as good as ST170's lol jk!
Starting painting...

with 2 coats.

Let me know what you think.

[Image: IMG_0061.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0060.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0057.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0058.jpg]
I have the apc's :ph34r: ......and they've been perfect so far (since last Feb.) exposed to snow, ice, rain etc. no problems. $60 is a great deal on those.

wow, nice...sure beats the price I paid for my hellas :angry:

Good job on painting them so far...
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: oooooo thats very nice.... lol i just noticed your car is cd silver! lol same as mine....at first, i thought it was white and i was like "Silver headlights on a white focus?".... anyway, very nice
Wow those are gonna look really great in the end. Nice work! :)
Pages: 1 2