FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Toy For My 200
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
an sr20det!! 2.0L turbocharged twin cam, 205hp/203ftlbs

[Image: DSCF0001.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0002.jpg]

The STOCK AWD transmission i had to discard:

[Image: DSCF0012.jpg]

The master at work :ph34r:

[Image: DSCF0007.jpg]

Minor fixing, the wires were scorched by the plasma cutter when removing from the bluebird: :o

[Image: DSCF0005.jpg]

...will post more pics as i get the rest of the goodies, such as, ACT clutch good to 400 ftlbs, autometer boost guage, type s BOV, custom FMIC, repainted valve cover, JWT chipped and tuned ECU....

Should be running 280hp @ 13psi for 2005
sr20det,Dec 20 2004, 02:03 AM Wrote:Should be running 280hp @ 13psi for 2005
[right][snapback]75432[/snapback][/right]

Me too but I should not have to go that high on the boost.
2001 ZTS,Dec 20 2004, 02:14 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]75440[/snapback][/right]

well it will be a small t25 turbo (stock for the motor). plus the engine will be STOCK, yep 100% stock except for the ECU

Quote:Make sure to double check that engine man. Dont end up like Mr Turbo king

dont worry, im taking my time...no need to go through 2 motors in 1 year and less then 1000km's
sr20det,Dec 20 2004, 03:00 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Dec 20 2004, 02:14 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]75440[/snapback][/right]

............ plus the engine will be STOCK, yep 100% stock except for the ECU

[right][snapback]75459[/snapback][/right]

Same here.
ZX3TUNR,Dec 20 2004, 04:16 AM Wrote:LOL Unlike some ppl we know. I still find it crazy he blew 10g into that engine and its a hunk of junk LOL
[right][snapback]75490[/snapback][/right]

over 10g, and it was slower then he started with because it doesnt move :blink:

ps: thats approx wheel hp...
I hope we are not talking about my WRX? My "plan" is to just write a cheque to Prodrive.
LOL nah. We talking about this dude who did the SR20DET swap and totaly killed the engine...

Craig: prolly took this wrong way. I should fix that and say that dude who decided to drive your car killed the engine.. but I beleive I posted the story in another post..
ZX3TUNR,Dec 20 2004, 05:58 AM Wrote:LOL nah. We talking about this dude who did the SR20DET swap and totaly killed the engine...
[right][snapback]75527[/snapback][/right]

yes, driving without oil is bad... LOL

heres whats hiding under the valve cover... :blink:
[Image: DSCF0016.jpg]
insulted, and surprised to say the least.... Chris... expected... Jason... not so expected.... not too sure where i offended you....

First of all, before you go running your mouth, maybe you should know the truth before you speak..... second of all.... im a hobbyist, not a mechanic, but hey, it does it matter that Zaran's spec'd me the wrong bearings? Or that my oil pump was bad from Nissan??? Nobody in this province did a FWD SR swap, but instead of talking, at least i did it .... third (the engines), first one was bad from JDM, second one i wasnt driving when it died....

buuuut.... apparently ive dropped $10k into my engine (laughs).... maybe INCLUDING my car, gauges, emanage, fuel system ,wheels, AND the engine i just bought.

Anyways, whatever, those facts dont matter.... because what I have done to either of you, which is nothing... gets me what in return? disrespect.

Also Chris, i wouldnt be talking so big until you get your car running....
awe darn, craigs mad at me :(...i laugh in your face, you offered me $40...FOURTY dollars to haul your engine from calgary to regina...ahahah...

i have people who know what they are doing helping me do this swap, so when i dont know what im doing, i ADMIT it and dont try and do it my self, i let soemone else help me...

;)

ps: why didnt you check the engine before you bought it...or double check the parts you buy... :unsure:
wOO hOO :blink:

Non Focus oweners fighting it out on a focus meesage baord.

Talk about GAY

:rolleyes:

Flofocus,Dec 20 2004, 10:47 PM Wrote:wOO hOO  :blink:

Non Focus oweners fighting it out on a focus meesage baord.

Talk about GAY

:rolleyes:
[right][snapback]75661[/snapback][/right]

dont worry, im sure jay will delete this pointless crap
well.. actually i think craigg20 made a really valid point about not taking big until your car is running..

there's a lot of unexpected things that can/will pop up and you never know if things won't turn out that well for you either..
Craig:

Mr Turbo king is Russ... I belive I stated that before on another site.

Quote "Dont end up like him"

Dont do a s**t load of work and I think I saw his car only run once. You had your car running so ya nothing bout you was said.

As far as putting $$$ into the engine is that not true? Im sure that what you posted on another site. I got no deal with you but isnt that what happend. Im not saying it to be an ass im saying becuase is that not what happend. You had it in the G20 it ran good then it broke you had to do a s**t load of work on it and it broke again. Now your getting a new engine.

Like I said again im not bashing you. Im sort of using you as an example in a good way. Chris better double check his s**t or he may infact end up it the same s**t you were in. You never know.

Craig I also mentioned your name in this with is a duplicate post. http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=8048 again Im not trashing you Im just saying dam!! You put so much work into that engine and ya. Should make ppl think of some of the probs they could run into..

Also Chris should be carefull what he says before the engine actually goes in. We are hoping nothing goes wrong but there is always the smallest thing that can happen and turn it into something way bigger..
just a question there craig? u registered and have one post. this one I am assuming did someone happen to mention that you had been used as an example on this site? :blink: ...

who taddled on jason and chirs???? :P does focuscanada have a narc now :o lol

also craig what are u talking about running their mouths off? everything they said was true.. Perhaps the amount of money invested was wrong but everything else did happen.

Anyone else got anything to say before this is locked. if not forever hold your peace. I will be damned if this turns into an urban velocity topic, it has the right ingredients , craig and chris. nuff said :rolleyes:
i dont think i once said anything personal to craig anyway...but if he wants to whine like a little bitch, thats cool...

and yes, i know a lot can go wrong, i dont see on here where i was running my mouth...i started what i had and what the goal was... so you best get some new glasses...

i dont plan to have this done untill march, so i have a lot of time, plus i have people who KNOW turbo systems and engine swaps helping me...so shh...

locked! please keep personal matters private. Hense the wonders of MSN messenger and PM's offered on this wonderful site. :ph34r:
Quote:Anyways, whatever, those facts dont matter.... because what I have done to either of you, which is nothing... gets me what in return? disrespect.

I respect you craig. You took on a project you would never ever see me atempt. I doubt I well even do a engine swap in my life. Who knows thow.