FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Focus And An Echo...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
git it off the Jet...Link

but i would take the Echo (Yaris) man, it looks HOT!

[Image: focusyaris3fp.jpg]
Love the focus, hate the ECHO. I absolutely HATE THAT CAR... the echo in general. Shitty car if you ask me and yes I have drove one before......

It looks not to bad though (style wise) but it's still an echo....
stock tires on the echo are 155/80/13 i believe.. that is pretty bad.. i think if those are changed it would feel like a totally different car.. i used to drive a tercel.. it came with 155/80/13 stock.. it sucked..i hated the car.. but then i swapped to 195/50/15 tires.. in a 2100lb car that is a lot of tire.. the car was instantly so much more fun..

i'd take an echo with better tires for sure
I'm one of those who does "the door test". Next time your at a Toyota dealer give an Echo door a slam and compare it with the Focus.

The Echo feels cheap cheap cheap. The Focus has a solid slam like a bank vault, it's very very good in that regard.

It doesn't matter the Focus is a compact while the Echo is a sub-compact.
for ppl who don't have flexible work hours, i think a toyota is a much better bet than a ford for a DD though
naz,Dec 18 2004, 11:44 PM Wrote:for ppl who don't have flexible work hours, i think a toyota is a much better bet than a ford for a DD though
[right][snapback]75309[/snapback][/right]

I think a quote of mine has been used against me? :lol:

Yes if it wasn't for flexible work hours I'd certainly have difficulty keeping up with Focus repairs. If the choice was "you work strict Monday to Firday 9-5 and you can have one car only either a Toyota or Ford" I'd have to pick the Toyota.
The Echo, as I said the other day, is about 3X boomier (the engine that is) than the SPI, nevermind the Zetec. The doors are indeed crap... the fiancee asked me where the rest of the barn was to go with those doors! :lol:

As for the stickier/wider tire route... hell, I can't wait to put 215/40R17s or something close to that on the SPI. It works for every car. The suspension on the Echo (going stock for stock here) felt wayyyy too sponge-like. It was much too eager to travel, and threatened to smack the bumpstops on spots in North Bay that the Focus ate up eagerly.

And I re-iterate, what the hell is a "cold coolant" dashboard light doing in a car sold in Canada? :D :lol:
Its a fun little car.. the echo... you should all go testdrive one someday...

As per the focus ... I still love the rieger kit... so clean.... :)
I love the echo hatch, but not with that front bumper.. just doesnt work.
regardless, that Focus in the picture is a good looking Focus.
I'd take that Focus any day over that Eco.
SVT ZX3,Dec 19 2004, 09:52 PM Wrote:I'd take that Focus any day over that Eco.
[right][snapback]75476[/snapback][/right]

100% on your side on that.....
S2,Dec 20 2004, 04:04 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Dec 19 2004, 09:52 PM Wrote:I'd take that Focus any day over that Eco.
[right][snapback]75476[/snapback][/right]
100% on your side on that.....

[right][snapback]75482[/snapback][/right]
The Focus in that pic reminds me of your car, very nice.
Echo + Vitz engine = focus killer LOL

I think thats correct to say. Dan can correct me...
After taking a second look I see the turn signals intergrated into the head lights. Damn europeans get the best lights! Damn americans too not sharing their european apprearance package lights with us either!! Damn everyone who has better lights than my stock ones!!!
Quote:Damn everyone who has better lights than my stock ones!!!

LOL Sorry man.

Those are the 2002 euro headlights. They are nice. I know somebody here who needs some really bad *cough* *cough* JARROD *cough*
I know an Echo sedan wins the lb/HP count, that is known, the hatch is probably pretty quick off the line (for an economy car).
I can't stand the echo... not only can I not fit in the damn thing, it just offends my eyes.

I don't think there's a single thing you can do to make it look better... I would stick with just painting it flat black, and making it an uber sleeper.

I think the echo looks awsome, these new subcompact cars that are coming out im toattly in love with...

the focus is nice no doubt...

doesnt Jay have an echo, he drives one all the time so i wanna hear what he has to say
Echo hatch is a nice enough little car, but I can' stand the fact that the headlights on it are about 1.5x the size of the already large enough Focus ones... I mean those Echo headlights are HUGE! Looks out of place on such a small car. Dominates too much of the front end...
Pages: 1 2 3