FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crushed A Crv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Buddy at work kept talking s**t about his CRV, And his Great Intake power adder.

SO this being my First race in my Focus I had to say, Sure to the offer.

Lets just say Smoked!!!

By 2nd to 3rd Shift I had 2 cars on him, It was over before it Started. My Buddy has since shut his mouth about the CRV.

Now Looking to add more power, And find some more Hondas.

must be nice to shut your buddy up :tup:

just make sure the POS civic you are hunting down still has the stock motor or you might not like the results
Beware of the evil B-series motors! They're easily modded, and decimate most manner of non-SVT Focus easily. With that said, the D-series SOHC motors are generally worse than the SPI for snap... I was beat by a D-series once but he was modded and I didn't even have the K+N then. Plus, he was stickshift, etc etc... but I lost, and I guess that's all that matters. Point being - Hondas are evil. WAYYYYY too big of a following, way too easy to make more power.
After a while you find out witch cars not to compete with and what ones are ok. You can tell who are the serious guys and what kids are out crusiing in there new grad gift..
I owned a school bus today and a propane powered taxi, PROPANE people!!!!!!!!!! Dude one of my plug wires was on the shizzy too home fries. Total str8 ballin if you no wha eye mean.

EDIT: It had "PROPANED" stickers and evrything dawg, thats like even more badazz than nawz and shiz right yo?
I wouldnt be scared of the Civics. I would be scared of this. Hmm can any one name this engine?

[Image: DSCF0002.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0001.jpg]
Nissan?

EDIT: hope it is not too late: NISSAN twin cam 16 valve?
What do I win?
Nothing... You had to state it was a SR20DET :P

*puts the $500 back into his pocket * LOL
Maybe I'll get all my friends and complete strangers to vote for me because I was technically right? You know just like in High SkUL?
BAM!! is it still a SR20DET since it doesnt have the turbo on it? Wouldnt that make it an SR20DE turbo-ready? ;)

And yeah, a Focus should beat a stock or lightly modified D-series honda fairly easy, we've got something like 20hp more than stock.
hmmm...I think that remember someone (Jay?) contemplating that engine in a 240SX a while ago...and decided it didn't make enough power or something? :ph34r:
guilty,Dec 17 2004, 04:58 AM Wrote:And yeah, a Focus should beat a stock or lightly modified D-series honda fairly easy, we've got something like 20hp more than stock.
[right][snapback]75003[/snapback][/right]

Damn straight! That and a couple extra hundred pounds too!
LOL Steve you bum :P

Its like some one stole the turbo off it LOL

[Image: DSCF0004.jpg]

hopefully that DET hasn't been abused so much its worthless.. should be sweet when its running right
very true NAZ.

Everything seems to be ok. Just a few minor thing. He got it from JDMsource.ca
Im not sure what kind of rep that company has.
i guess that's the thing with front clips and engine swaps right.. hopefully it came from granny's silvia that was rear ended while it was parked.. but most likely it came from some guy who lost it trying to be like akina's downhill champion
Even heavily modded.. there arent too many sr20dets that are quick.

Stock in a 240 you still ahve mid 14's ... which is the same as a b16 into a civic.
guilty,Dec 16 2004, 11:58 PM Wrote:BAM!! is it still a SR20DET since it doesnt have the turbo on it?  Wouldnt that make it an SR20DE turbo-ready? ;)

And yeah, a Focus should beat a stock or lightly modified D-series honda fairly easy, we've got something like 20hp more than stock.
[right][snapback]75003[/snapback][/right]

A D series motor has ~120hp, the SOHC Vtec that is. You will not beat that car in a Focus in the 1/4 mile. Stock for stock you cannot, it's got less torque yes but it's lighter and it all evens out.

If you're racing light to light you can beat him but that's not proving anything. :)

350whp is easy to get on the D series...try and smoke that. :D
Pages: 1 2