FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So I Cliped:(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so last night i was going south making a left to go east..the light turns yellow and i proceed through.. next thining know a buick going north wants to go through too...he cliped my back bumper.

damage:

rear bumper and crash foam i'm taking it off to inspect the rebar tonight ...anythign i should check for spefically?.......

do u think if i were to take it through insurance it would be a 50 50 ...if so i rather not go through insurance.... ANT help would be great... i never been in this position so i dunno what to do.

thanks guys

johncarlo
If you can afford to NOT go through insirance I think thats your best bet.

The less claims you have, the better. TRUST me. :lol: ;)
The guy making the left turn at a light is always considered at 100% fault even if dude runs the light.
so i guess that means i have a bumper to fix up....

the guy preaty much said....u fix urs and i'll fix mine
your pretty lucky he said that, alot people out there would know that they are right and make you go through insurance, and try to fraud it by pretending to be hurt and stuff, so they can get extra $$$... very wrong, but happens everyday!
shitty deal!!

i have a bumper, rebar and crash foam for you really cheap to help you out if you want them.....the bumper is twilight blue
SLIP STREAM SVT,Dec 16 2004, 05:46 PM Wrote:your pretty lucky he said that, alot people out there would know that they are right and make you go through insurance, and try to fraud it by pretending to be hurt and stuff, so they can get extra $$$... very wrong, but happens everyday!
[right][snapback]74876[/snapback][/right]
Both of you should sign releases saying you won't sue eachother sometime down the road.

Here is the left turn law:

left, across path of approaching vehicle

(5) No driver or operator of a vehicle in an intersection shall turn left across the path of a vehicle approaching from the opposite direction unless he or she has afforded a reasonable opportunity to the driver or operator of the approaching vehicle to avoid a collision.

Ontario HTA section 141
Yep 2001 is right.

Way too hard to prove a person ran a red. Its your word against the other... Unless you grab a whole buncha witness' right away.
ya ur right...but reallly i swear he had to speed up....he did the classicc hard brakes then realized hes not gonna be able to stop and hammered the gas

i'm actually suprised he hit my bumper? i'm preaty low? he hit it right on
tdot-zx3,Dec 16 2004, 02: Wrote:Yep 2001 is right.

Way too hard to prove a person ran a red. Its your word against the other... Unless you grab a whole buncha witness' right away.
[right][snapback]74908[/snapback][/right]

that's what I did...the person was coming from my left though...they not only ran a red, but my light was already green!!!

grabbed a witness and his wife...biatch didn't have insurance on her, didn't go to the collission centre...I did...gave my witnesses info (who ripped the other driver at the scene too, lol) and the cops checked it out...i was 100% NOT at fault :)

ALWAYS try to get witnesses first...forget checking your car, the other car, etc...if you don't think it's your fault...find someone quick to back you up.
Marction,Dec 17 2004, 01:31 AM Wrote:........that's what I did...the person was coming from my left though...they not only ran a red, but my light was already green!!!

[right][snapback]74951[/snapback][/right]
The example I gave (and that is also the case in JC's accident) is "oppossing" traffic not "crossing" traffic (what you described).

JC can correct me but as I understand it both cars where coming from opposite directions (180*) and the signal was "stale amber" or just turned to red. The section of the HTA I posted applies.

Sound like you had a green and a "cross traffic" (90*) car ran his red. He would of course be 100% at fault.
I know what you mean...my example isn't the same as his...I just meant to point out that witnesses make things MUCH easier if there's any dispute whatsoever.

without a witness, it would still have appeared that I was turning while they were going through...if cops came and we both claimed we had greens, I'd have lost because I was making a turn.
I got nailed exactly like that way the hell back in 95.... totalled my Pulsar. I was S/B Jane turning to go W/B on Eglinton. Guy in a Mustang WAS stopping as the light turned red. I proceeded through (and now watching where I'm headed) and suddenly I realize he's back on the gas and coming through.

I locked it up, he hit my front driver's corner and spun me like a top, peeled the front left fender back like a shrimp. Put the motor into the firewall too. I got lucky and walked away without a scratch, he bent his car into an A-frame over a lightpole, levelled another light pole and totalled a light control box at the intersection.

The accident went 50/50 after they investigated the scene for over an hour. I got a ticket for "turn not in safety" and no points, he got charged with no insurance, no license, running the red, etc etc.
try really hard not to go through insurance..
Insurance some times seems like a good idea. I remember from my dings I was going to go through SGI becuase it is way cheaper but I ended up getting it done from my own pocket. I did not want to loose that nice 5% discount and no point against me.
ZX3TUNR,Dec 17 2004, 02:50 AM Wrote:Incurance some times seems like a good idea. I remember from my dings I was going to go through SGI becuase it is way cheaper but I ended up getting it done from my own pocket. I did not want to loose that nice 5% discount and no point against me.
[right][snapback]75025[/snapback][/right]

Shut up Sask Boy :P

He's in Ontario, its NEVER a good thing to go through insurance. :ph34r:
I had this almost happen to me in Van...Stupid B____ B_____ trying to make a left on a yellow; but, i was right at the intersection. I almost T-bone the F*cking B____. Then she honked her horn and yelled at me then proceeded to drive off and gave me the finger.

I kind of wish i did hit her car light enough just to dent it. So she would try and claim on me i had 3 witnesses in my car and 2 in the car behind me(all my friends B).