FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Was Finished Yesterday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked up my car yesterday and got to drive her for the afternoon... wow it was so nice to drive in her again.

BUT... in my opinion the job wasn't done. There was a bolt missing underneath the rear bumper (bracket), hood was still slightly bent and left a gap, it pulls to the left so the alignment isn't right, and there was wax all over the rubber/plastic mouldings around the hood. So I sent her back :angry:

They power washed the outside of the car and left the inside. Tell me if you guys have experienced this but the 3 body shops I know of all wash and detail the cars before they are delivered back from an accident... they did not.

Anyway, kinda pissed but it's not like I am driving her right now. I have the winter beast on the road now... she's pretty sweet :ph34r:

After my wipe out, they totally cleaned the car inside and out. They even put some smelly s**t inside the car to get rid of the paint smell. It made the car smell exactly like a brand new car.

They even put tire gel on the tires! :lol:
The body shop I use, frequently for the wife, does all that and sends me and the boys out for strippers and beers. Call it frequent accident points.
^^^ sweet!

then like racers...due to your drivng and your cars...you're "sponsored", lol.
BrooksZX3,Dec 16 2004, 01:55 PM Wrote:I picked up my car yesterday and got to drive her for the afternoon... wow it was so nice to drive in her again.

BUT... in my opinion the job wasn't done.  There was a bolt missing underneath the rear bumper (bracket), hood was still slightly bent and left a gap, it pulls to the left so the alignment isn't right, and there was wax all over the rubber/plastic mouldings around the hood.  So I sent her back  :angry: 

They power washed the outside of the car and left the inside.  Tell me if you guys have experienced this but the 3 body shops I know of all wash and detail the cars before they are delivered back from an accident... they did not.

Anyway, kinda pissed but it's not like I am driving her right now.  I have the winter beast on the road now... she's pretty sweet  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]74822[/snapback][/right]

Maybe they didn't go to quite the effort just cause of the weather eh carey? Probably figured it was gonna get gunked up anyway? :(
Did they fix the problem?
got a message saying it's ready... will check it out after work and post to let you all know.