FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: From Gm To Ford (56k Warning)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here are some pics of the new car which I pick up Friday,

[Image: 23568web.jpg]

[Image: 23568_4.jpg]

[Image: 23568_2.jpg]

David
nice... congrats on the purchase..

01-yellow-ZX3

From a Cav to an SVTF?

Definitely gonna love that upgrade man, guaranteed.

Congrats.
Despite everything even I call that a step up, congrats.

Get rid of bug thing ASAP.
I hope it is a step up with close to 200hp under the hood of the cavy (port and polish cam swap header exaust thottle body and intake manifold functional ram air hood and big brake upgrade koni with apex springs plus lots more) , the focus has a lot to live up to, and since GM has nothing to offer I think Ive made a good choice, Im not sure if I am going to do anything yet to this car although that vortech kit looks awful tempting hehehe :rolleyes:

David

01-yellow-ZX3

All those mods give a Cavy 200whp? On what engine?

Even a ZX3 would put that Cavy to shame :P
Sorry 200 at the fly wheel, It had the 2.4L DOHC, it was a Z24, it ran 167HP to the front wheels, theres guys getting 250hp with a blower. It was quick, and from the Ztec's I have driven the Z24 seemed faster, but the focus was a little quicker than the 2.2 cavalier.

David
Wait till Power Works releases there blower kit for the SVTF. Fully bolt on from box and made by Cosworth. Big $$$ though..

http://www.powerworks.net

The JRSC kit is a nice upgrade to and cheaper. There are a few guys on here with a JRSC on there SVT and love it.
Yeah the bug deflector has got to go.... damn ugly!!!

Awesome car, love the color... congratulations!
167whp to 170 crank hp is a pretty big difference.. your cavalier had some suspension work and big brakes too.. its hard to say whether the OEM svt suspension or your aftermarket is better.. sounds like your old car was pretty solid.. i hope you are happy with your new ride

if the deals not done.. maybe hang on to the cavy for a bit more and then go back to that bmw dealer to get a bimmer instead of a used focus ;)
Great choice. Hope you like yours as much as I like mine.Nice color BTW.
naz,Dec 15 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:if the deals not done.. maybe hang on to the cavy for a bit more and then go back to that bmw dealer to get a bimmer instead of a used focus  ;)
[right][snapback]74781[/snapback][/right]

Hey! Naz is trying to scare of potential focus owners again! :P
naz,Dec 15 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:if the deals not done.. maybe hang on to the cavy for a bit more and then go back to that bmw dealer to get a bimmer instead of a used focus  ;)
[right][snapback]74781[/snapback][/right]

The deal is done for the focus and as for the Z24 it was crushed by a bus that ran a red light that is why I bought a new car, if not I would have kept my cav, I could have never got back what I had in that car.

The Cavs last day
[Image: DSC00041.jpg]

[Image: PlateInsert.jpg]

[Image: SideCavy1.jpg]

[Image: DSC00771.jpg]
David
Raine,Dec 16 2004, 04:24 AM Wrote:Hey! Naz is trying to scare of potential focus owners again! :P
[right][snapback]74786[/snapback][/right]

wouldn't you rather have a bimmer than a focus?
naz,Dec 15 2004, 11:40 PM Wrote:
Raine,Dec 16 2004, 04:24 AM Wrote:Hey! Naz is trying to scare of potential focus owners again! :P

[right][snapback]74792[/snapback][/right]

Not really after I bought the car the dealer let me take out the 330 with the m package and it was not that thrilling.

Now the new M5 that might be a different story.

David
naz,Dec 16 2004, 04:40 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]74792[/snapback][/right]

I'd rather a 1991 Subaru or a kick in the nuts if I was required to work 9-5 mon-fri. If it wasn't for flexible work hours I think Focus maintainance would have lost me a couple jobs.
I want P-51's old car :D thats got bling all over it. Specially the pig tub on top...
NoiSeeVT -"Loose the mustache!"(you could paint it to match the car?)
-Nice Ride !
BMW? What , you like lining up for service at the dealer? Had one, never again! The X5 I had was nothing but aN SUV that spent it's days at the dealership. The quality of build is not there anymore in BMW. I know I am always saying buy North American, but I have to say that I am very impressed with Lexus for quality and value in a vehicle.

Now that I am way off topic. Nice ride fuktard and welcome to the board.
JRSC + your svt = cavalier put to shame

the super charger is 2gs and creates 200whp no need to do anyting else just bolt it up and tune it and your on your way.
Pages: 1 2 3