FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heatshield Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

01-yellow-ZX3

I'm a little bitter at my bill from the Stealership today.

Story:

I was due for an oil change this week, so I got my dealer to lookin to a weird rattling noise at the same time.

Ended up being the heatshield. They said a new one was $80, and was needed since the "holes had enlarged over time". So I said screw it, leave it off.

Now are there any cons to running without a heat shield? Just the bare stock header. (besides it looking ugly)

Also, can somebody do me a huge favor and look on their Ford service CD and see what the recomended time is for taking a heat shield off?

They charged me for an hour, but I can't see how it takes an hour to take this thing off. Its like what 4 bolts?

My bill was $130 for an oil change and to take this heatsheild off. When at first the said they could "shim it with washers for $90". dam that s**t.

when i put my JBA shorty header on .. it took me 5 mins to get the heat shield off my stock manifold .. that's including time to search my toolbox for the right socket.

accourding to my Autodata cd (service manual CD used in the UK) it calls for 0.4 hrs for heat shields and mountings

01-yellow-ZX3

0.4 hours

Excellent, thank you for that.

Is it possible to have a copy of that, so I could print it out and bring it in?
they'll just tell you the rest was for diagnostics

my dealer the last time i went helped me take off the egr equip and seal off the egr tube coming from header i guess it all depends on the dealer right?

01-yellow-ZX3

True.

But I'm good to go without the heat sheild in place?
01-yellow-ZX3,Dec 16 2004 Wrote:True.

[right][snapback]74833[/snapback][/right]

What you need to do is go down to the nearest Costco and find the biggest package of aluminum foil. Take the old heat shield and use it as a mold. Make sure you use plenty of foil to add strength to this product. Once moulded run down to the nearest hardware store and pick up some chicken wire. Attach your new heat shield with said chicken wire and bam.....new heat shield.

Cost $25

And you don't even have to thank me.

I've been driving around all year without one, no problems yet.
Flofocus,Dec 16 2004, 02:14 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]74907[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to my handy dandy solution....
Paparoach,Dec 16 2004, 03:27 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 16 2004, 02:14 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]74907[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to my handy dandy solution....
[right][snapback]74912[/snapback][/right]

No, your handy dandy solution is...ready for this....G-H-E-T-T-O...Ghetto! :P :lol:

*Looks around*

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then you the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who do you think you're talking to? "
you must still be hunting around sudbury for los lonley boys are you?

bloody sudburians
or is it sudburinites?
rubberman,Dec 16 2004, 04:25 PM Wrote:bloody sudburians
[right][snapback]74924[/snapback][/right]

I think that is the proper terminology...but not quite sure, I will have to look into it.

Either way fuk Red Green and his duct tape it is all about chicken wire and foil.

If it was for the A-Team Red would be fuked....that's right I am calling you out beatch.