FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hot Ride / No Luck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I have posted on here a bunch of times over the last year of owning my Focus.

Now I am having no luck selling it. I have tried the Toronto Star, Buy & Sell, and the Autotrader with minimal results.

Any suggestions from you folks?

Check out the ad... http://www.trader.ca/SendToFriend/Results....99&adid=4103239

Thanks for all the help from all you Focus owners. It is a great car and I loved every minute of driving it. I got an offer to buy an A4 that I couldn't refuse so I upgraded.

Thanks,
Tim
Hmm.. the link takes me to a blank page. Not sure why you'd be having such a hard time selling it without seeing the ad.
sorry guilty.

I checked the link right after posting, then I changed it to one that actually works. Real Time....always keeps you on your toes.

Tim
Get rid of that Bottom Grill. Tasteful Mods and that grill dont go together. :ph34r:

Other than that, yeah...your mods are tasteful and simple, nothing that could really hurt performance of the car. Thats a nice drop to, Spring/strut combo?

I had a really hard time trying to sell mine....thats about the time I decided to keep it and just boost it. A lot of the guys here are having a hard time selling. I see a lot of ads for cars for sale but none being updated with SOLD. IMHO your car SHOULD BE selling...your not asking THAT much for it...

fyi...a lot websites say to stay away from 2000 models.

:unsure:
Thanks Flo.

Yeah, I hear that about the 2000 models. Luckily mine had zero problems except for the fuel pump, which Ford paid for.

I need to get my money out, but I will feel like I really got robbed if I sell it for $7-8K.

I don't know if the market appreciates how nice this car is compared to the competition...I bet a lot of people looking for a used car think HONDA and leave it at that....meanwhile if they drove the focus(and enjoy driving) they would probably change their mind.

Tim
wintaborn,Dec 13 2004, 10:05 PM Wrote:Thanks Flo.

Yeah, I hear that about the 2000 models.  Luckily mine had zero problems except for the fuel pump, which Ford paid for.

I need to get my money out, but I will feel like I really got robbed if I sell it for $7-8K.

I don't know if the market appreciates how nice this car is compared to the competition...I bet a lot of people looking for a used car think HONDA and leave it at that....meanwhile if they drove the focus(and enjoy driving) they would probably change their mind.

Tim
[right][snapback]74361[/snapback][/right]

i think it has something to do with 5spd. FYI i got a 2001 focus Zts for my gf for 7999 last spring, with low miles, maybe you should lower it a bit as well.

Goodluck
most definitely put the pumper back to stock.. put everything back to stock (yank the exhaust if you have the stock one lying around too) don't even bother mentioning its modified.. its just a red flag that most buyers stay away from.

also, i think you are asking too much for the car. in 2 seconds on trader.ca i found a ton of 5spd civics with similar mileage for same or lower price. no sane person will buy a used 2000 focus for the same price as a used civic.

i took a big hit to sell my 2000 ZX3 i let it go for 4k usd with around 98000 km.. but my car was a hatchback, no AC, no power options, 5spd so it was much harder to sell.. you shouldn't have to take as big a hit as i did.. but i think you'll definitely have to choke down a big loss.. that's what we get for owning a ford branded product..