FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 1200 To Blow On My Ride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Give me some thoughts, Consider the mods i have.

FK Suspension 35-40
FC Throttle body
AEM CAI
Duel halos Head lights
Carbon Tails
What mods do you have...if you dont have suspension done id do that...H&R cup kit.
What about remote entry/remote start? always nice to beable to start your car from inside a building and to have the doors unlocked by the time you get out to the car.
RIMS/Exhaust
i'd say exhaust and cams, in that order, but what do i know i drive a wagon.
rims should be a priority mod... specially on a focus.
sorry forgot to add Rims on thier way already.
Chromey,Dec 10 2004, 09:49 PM Wrote:Give me some thoughts, Consider the mods i have.

FK Suspension 35-40
FC Throttle body
AEM CAI
Duel halos Head lights
Carbon Tails
[right][snapback]73962[/snapback][/right]

What exactly do you drive? ZX3, ZX5, LX, SE, ZTS? Just wondering here cuz maybe you could look into better flowing heads..and Cam has already been suggested. complete exhaust system from headers, hiflo cat, hiflo exhaust might net you a bit more power.

All depends what you want to do with your focus...if you want to go for style then why not look into a front lip, side skirts and a rear valance to give the car a lower look. Maybe even a Carbon Fiber hood to reduce weight...CF can be painted to match your car so you don't need to worry about the hood contrasting against your paint.

What are you looking to do with your car?
What year is your car. For newer cars alot of ppl tend to wait till the warranty is over before getting into the more expensive mods unless your like me and just dont care. Props to that LOL You blow it up just buy a new one or drop in a V8 LOL

You could get a race header/flex combo from mitch at a good price + cams . May be a tad over im not sure. But it would be a nice combo. Also a JMS us spec lip kit would look nice. Some euro style headlights. Just throwing out some ideas. nm i see you have headlights allready lol.

why not finish the suspension. Get some nice struts then add soem front and rear sway bars ;)
I'd say shorty header, high-flow cat, magnaflow cat-back, Anti-sway kit (front and rear), front and rear strut bars.

That ought to eat some dough. :D
set of pole s-03 or A032R
Ask focis8nt. I think he may have a short header for sale for dirt cheap..
Custom Turbo Kit :)
naz,Dec 11 2004, 05:31 AM Wrote:set of pole s-03 or A032R
[right][snapback]73991[/snapback][/right]

Gee, I thought for sure naz would have said "track time" or "race school"?
I would say my first priority would be suspension. Lowering a car can be both a cosmetic and performance mod.. two birds, one stone. I like the FK 35-40mm kit since I didnt want an overlow low car, different kits are good, depending on how low you want to go. The H&R cup kit is quite low..
Please read my list of upgrades already before posting.

as of now im think of these options.

-Cams, With cam gear.
-Header back Exhaust
-racing seats
-UDPs
-CF hood
Chromey,Dec 10 2004, 09:49 PM Wrote:Give me some thoughts, Consider the mods i have.

FK Suspension 35-40
FC Throttle body
AEM CAI
Duel halos Head lights
Carbon Tails
[right][snapback]73962[/snapback][/right]

Out of those I suggest FK Suspension, Headlights (mach HID's). With respect to the other things you have mentioned, instead of buying a new Throttle body just port your stock one. Very cheap mod and get same performance gains. No Need for a CAI, either put a K&N Cone filter on the stock tube or get the enclosed Volant Intake. The carbon tails are nice but APC makes really shitty products. I would get a short shifter, rims if you don't have them, or for sure an exhaust!
I wouldnt do FK any more.

They shut down in North America and there is no more warranty for those parts..
:lol:

You guys suck at reading, the first list IS WHAT HE ALREADY HAS.

In addition he has ordered wheels.

The second list IS WHAT HE IS CONSIDERING. Based on that I'd say good summer tires for the new wheels, UDP and exhaust.

Take whatever is left over and get winter tires for your old wheels. That should keep you happy for now and eat up that $1200 pretty damn fast.

Make your next savings goal the cam shafts, cam gears and dyno tuning.

I hear there are these COOOOOOL new gauges that will really help you with certain things. Maybe you want to look into those!
Pages: 1 2