FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hyundai Is Getting A Little Cocky...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KV_JNhI3Wo

I think they are getting a little cocky... :)
granted, it's a better attempt at social networking than Ford's latest attempt, but the new Genesis just doesn't evoke any feeling in me.

It's got peformance, but it's bland -- it's the japanese counterpart to the Pontiac G8...

That's the problem when you're number one, every one is gunning for you ;)
Corporate should be disgraced... I was starting to like that car too.
They're really positioning the turbo 4-cyl as a tuner car, even corporate is admitting that ALL of the EVO X parts will drop right in to the motor - seeing as they're partners in the global motor initiative that the EVO benefits from, it seems. See the May 2009 article in Car and Driver. If I can find it online, I'll link it. :)

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_li..._take_road_test
Awesome add or whatever it is.
Can't wait to get a ride in Pullicats Genesis GT.
could it be as simple as a chip to get the other 80-90hp out of the car?
I think you'd need to port over some more of the EVO's internals, but the bottom line is that the block is the same, and possibly the crank too. EVO tune, EVO head, EVO pistons and maybe compare the snails quickly... at that point, I'm sure you're within shooting range of 300BHP easily. Plus, after doing a turbo-back exhaust, adding the EVO intercooler, turning up the boost... 350+ BHP isn't unreasonable, so long as the injectors can take it (or just use EVO injectors, lol) and the fuel system, etc.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 19 2009, 10:08 AM Wrote:I think you'd need to port over some more of the EVO's internals, but the bottom line is that the block is the same, and possibly the crank too. EVO tune, EVO head, EVO pistons and maybe compare the snails quickly... at that point, I'm sure you're within shooting range of 300BHP easily. Plus, after doing a turbo-back exhaust, adding the EVO intercooler, turning up the boost... 350+ BHP isn't unreasonable, so long as the injectors can take it (or just use EVO injectors, lol) and the fuel system, etc.
[right][snapback]285324[/snapback][/right]

by that time, you may as well have bought an EVO and gotten the power to all 4 wheels instead of just the back 2
Well, they seem to think there's a business case for it. Besides, since the stock EVO parts fit, the aftermarket engine stuff will as well.

Leapfrog stock and go directly to win?

Its a little cocky but there not really dissing Ford atleast Ohh and Fords Return Comment to Hyundai Was Something along the lines of Congrats On selling 9 Million Vehicles ohh wait Did we just sell our 9 millionth Mustang Alone.
It's not a real ad guys.
It's some guy making videos.
I went and looked at one over the easter long week-end and I was impressed with what I saw. Def on my list for test drives.
The Mustang GT is $28,500 with the discounts, thats about 5-6 grand cheeper then the Hyundai.
I would rather the Mustang with that extra $6'ooo you could get a S/C...goodbye Hyundai.
I just went and spec'd a 2010 Mustang GT... starts at 36,499. I have a feeling you're quoting on the 2009 model. Either way, those are some DEEP discounts - hope they're valid!
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 20 2009, 02:41 PM Wrote:I just went and spec'd a 2010 Mustang GT... starts at 36,499. I have a feeling you're quoting on the 2009 model. Either way, those are some DEEP discounts - hope they're valid!
[right][snapback]285431[/snapback][/right]

Yup 2009, I tried the 2010 on the webpage and it wouldn't work????

They are very close in price 2010 vs 2010 models. I would still like the Mustang out of the two, or instead a new WRX, I think they bumped power up to 265HP.
If I had a pile of new cash to spend and didn't have the truck - WRX265. Nuff said. It's a slightly detuned STi without the fancy centre diff and such.
Seriosly......STi enough said. This thing will run circles around GT and "Crooked H"
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...64&adid=7542572
With 6 speed bulletproof tranny you would be more happier then keep getting worried to lunch your car hard.
5 speed does not like alot of tourque, trust me i drove one.
Thats why I'm only going to do stage 2 on the car with Protune and would be more then enough for daily driving + tracking.
^^That car is hot! I good price for something that new.
It's telling that it dropped 10Gs in one year, for a "superior" car. What's more telling is that it's not at a Subaru dealer, or any other major manufacturer's dealer.

Hopefully nothing's seriously wrong with it. Hopefully it wasn't nearly written off and put back together again. Hopefully it's free and clear of accidents. Hopefully it has warranty left on it. They say it does, but I'd check that out with Subaru Canada before buying it. Only 600kms? Who the hell parts with a car with 600kms?

Know what I mean?
Pages: 1 2