FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt/st170
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am read some old(yr old) car mag at a buddy's house and come a cross with a article about ST170(it call ST170 right?) focus in Taiwan. There is a pic of the engine bay and I am shock by looking at it. It is a stock car but the engine placement is like the the rally focus, the engine head is about 20 degree toward the firewall. I am not sure whats the adv of that but I think this is something that worth mention.

P.S they also talk about a Ford Metrostar, it looks like a 500 but a bit bigger. Dam that car looks good, but we will never got those good ford car in NA.
this tread is worthless witout the pic...

dunno, flipped engine rotated to make enough room for the exaust headers and cat combo???

has I said, scan the pic and share. :P
I have you know I had to learn Chinese just to post this:

http://rs.ford.com.tw/focus_st170/main.htm
170hp@7000rpms

can someone convert the torque rating for me please...I'm way too stoned right now to do math of any kind :mellow:

edit...is it ~145lbs/sq.ft @ 5500rpms?
yeah, from what I could see on there is that by doing a left hand drive they must have rotated the engine so the tranny is on the driver side and maybe they had to angle it to fit well.
marction Wrote:170hp@7000rpms

can someone convert the torque rating for me please...I'm way too stoned right now to do math of any kind

its an svt, same hp same tq.
Same car. Engine is the same. different bumpers and the driver sits on the opposite side. The only pic I could see of the engine looked the same as mine. The engine and trans are not turned around...
dam I will take my camera w/ me tonite and take a pic of it.