FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Crazy Detonation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is a new rule around my house...... I am the only one allowed to buy gas now. Welcome to married life. Looks like I have to go out at lunch and cut whatever crap is in there with some Sunoco gold. This is the second time this fall.

Did she buy gas when the truck was filling up the pumps? You should NEVER buy gas when the truck is filling. It stirs up all the sediment on the bottom of the tanks and you know what can happen next.

hehe I did that yesterday, but I didn't care cause I am driving a rental :P
meford4u,Dec 7 2004, 01:50 PM Wrote:Did she buy gas when the truck was filling up the pumps?  You should NEVER buy gas when the truck is filling.  It stirs up all the sediment on the bottom of the tanks and you know what can happen next.
[right][snapback]73194[/snapback][/right]

You know that and I know that however.............you're married you know what it's like. The simplest thing to do is: "new rule, I'm the only one who buys gas".
Fuk that...........Rule number one.............YOUR CAR=YOUR PROBLEM

Being an asshole can be so much fun
Id be givin some rounds of black eyes :lol: :blink:

EDIT: Abuse against woman is nothing to joke about.
2001 ZTS,Dec 7 2004, 12:46 PM Wrote:There is a new rule around my house...... I am the only one allowed to buy gas now. Welcome to married life. Looks like I have to go out at lunch and cut whatever crap is in there with some Sunoco gold. This is the second time this fall.
[right][snapback]73191[/snapback][/right]

How would Sunoco gold help?!?
Ripinosu,Dec 7 2004, 03:00 PM Wrote:How would Sunoco gold help?!?
[right][snapback]73214[/snapback][/right]

It is probably a bad batch of 87 so blending it with 94 should clean it up so a certain extent. It is not so much boosting the octane but just the cleanliness of the Sunoco product.
2001 ZTS,Dec 7 2004, 10:05 AM Wrote:
Ripinosu,Dec 7 2004, 03:00 PM Wrote:How would Sunoco gold help?!?
[right][snapback]73214[/snapback][/right]

It is probably a bad batch of 87 so blending it with 94 should clean it up so a certain extent. It is not so much boosting the octane but just the cleanliness of the Sunoco product.
[right][snapback]73217[/snapback][/right]

Not being cheap here, but I thought the recommended octane for the non SVT Focus is 87 and that anything more was not only a waste of money but also detrimental? That is unless you have a chip that changes the settings requiring higher octane.

Or am I off base here? :unsure:
He's probably referring to his WRX, not his Focus.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 7 2004, 02:15 PM Wrote:He's probably referring to his WRX, not his Focus.
[right][snapback]73246[/snapback][/right]

Def referring to the REX.
Flofocus,Dec 7 2004, 09:20 AM Wrote:Id be givin some rounds of black eyes  :lol:  :blink:

EDIT: Abuse against woman is nothing to joke about.
[right][snapback]73198[/snapback][/right]

very true...but fukking with the WRX deserves at least a "symbolic" smackdown, LOL ;)
I only use Sunoco cause it's cleaner gas, but does that Ultra94 have a higher ethanol content as well? Would help the cleaning process...
I don't think he's talking about the REX, I don't think the wife can drive 5 speed.

What he's saying is they got a bad batch of 87. Or, since he's got a lot of work done to the car, he might need 91 octane.

If he got a bad batch of 87..putting Sonoco 94 will help a little.
Raine,Dec 7 2004, 06:58 PM Wrote:I only use Sunoco cause it's cleaner gas, but does that Ultra94 have a higher ethanol content as well? Would help the cleaning process...
[right][snapback]73251[/snapback][/right]

the ultra 94 has 10% ethanol by content.

hmmmm... 10% alcohol content.....
While we're talking about gas... when I worked for a lawn mower dealer I learned that the additives (ethanol particularily) will eat away at rubber while sitting around... ie fuel lines? It won't happen in one season mind you but just a note for healthy storage over the long run.
I thought I read somewhere that Ontario is going to mandate that all gasoline will have to have a certain ethanol percentage.

Here is the article (5% by 2007)

article
It is the Focus. I have been running 89 since the mods went on this summer.

It's is not deto in the sense of "marbles in tin can" it is more of stumbling?knocking (which I know from the old car) sounding/feeling thing like it was going to stall despite going 120km/hr and 3000rpm. It was happening on the QEW only under acceleration and hills which is usually means deto/fuel.

I think it is just a tank of "bad gas" (dirty, old, moisture, whatever). I've got 25 Litres of 94 mixed in now so should be OK. I'll see on the return trip this PM.

I've learned a bit about gasoline this year. For one thing 87 may be enough octane but it is absolute filth. As a matter of fact what you buy as 87 may in fact be 89, 91, 94. If there is an error in the production of a batch of high octane it just gets sold as 87. It happens a lot.
My Aunt in quebec SWEARS by 91 Octane. Even when she was driving her Firefly she would put in 91, just thought it ran a lot better and cleaner.
on a 15 hour highway drive, I ran through 4 tanks of gas... 2 at 91 octane, one at 87 (switching back and forth so as to get 2 tanks on a flat drive, and 2 tanks in the hills).

1st batch (87 hills) - 550km
2nd batch (91 hills) - 500km
3rd batch (87 flat) - 600km
4th batch (91 flat) - 510km

the stock focus just ran better on 87... swore I'd never do 91 again.

until I got the supercharger.. now it's 91 minimum
Pages: 1 2 3