FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pulled Over Going To A Funeral
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So this is how the story goes...going north of Renforth coming up to Eglington Ave. where it goes from a 40 zone to a 60 zone. Cop pulles me over, I roll down my window and he was just glaring down my car...especially my dash (speedyhut).

He begins to tell me I was going 62 in a 40 and that I also have illegal tinted License plates!!! And to make matters worse I didn't have an upto date insurance plan in my car <_< . He then walks back to he car...10 minutes later he comes back...with not 1 nor 2 but 3 tickets :angry:

One for 62 in a 40, one for not having insurance, and one for the License plate. By this time I am furious. I said to him "I brought this covers at Wal-Mart, are you telling me Wal-Mart sells illegal merchandise? He said that they are meant for offroading only not Highway use?!? I said "actually when I bought them they said LICENSE PLATE PROTECTORS for $11.99." He then said "It's like buying a gun, you can get them anywhere but you have to know when/where to use them?????????" You can't compare buying license plate cover to buying a gun...he wasn't to impressed with me know. I then told him to plug my expire insurance plan in his computer and he will see I have insurance, I told him that this is a leased vehicle and they wont let you take the car off the lot without insurance. He started to raise his voice and told me..."that's for you to prove." Well you and me have a date...I will see you in court! Rolled up my window!

Oh yeah...I was on my way to a Funeral!!
Sorry for spelling mistake....just a little worked up ove the whole thing!!!
bummer

I would have showed a bit more shoulder and a suggestive smile...
darkpuppet,Dec 3 2004, 12:41 PM Wrote:bummer

I would have showed a bit more shoulder and a suggestive smile...
[right][snapback]72671[/snapback][/right]

For you that would have definately worked :rolleyes:
mysterygirl,Dec 3 2004, 11:33 AM Wrote:I said to him "I brought this covers at Wal-Mart, are you telling me Wal-Mart sells illegal merchandise?  He said that they are meant for offroading only not Highway use?!?  I said "actually when I bought them the said they are LICENSE PLATE PROTECTORS for $11.99."[right][snapback]72668[/snapback][/right]

Actually almost all products like that have tiny little writing that says something about how it may not be legal for road use in all places, really it's your responsibility to find out if something is legal or illegal for use on the streets of your city before you put it on your car.

But that still sucks you got pulled over and hassled for it.
dude. You're in the wrong for all three. It's one of those things where if the cop wants to be an ass, well, it's completly his call. He can do as he pleases.

Those plate cover things are ILLEGAL. No if ands or buts about it. I removed mine. Luckily I got no tickets while I had em, but I was warned by a cop one time on a routine pull over that I *could* be have been fined. There are disclaimers on all of them "intended for offroad use only, check with local guidelines before using... etc..." Same goes for neons and s**t. They all have disclaimers on em.

The insurance dealio, well you gotta have the most up to date slips. He doesn't have to do jack all. This is where it doesn't pay to be the "tough guy" and start giving attitude back to a cop.

If you ask nicely or be as nice about it as possible sometimes they will give you the option of a 48 hours to produce ticket. for both the plate covers and insurance. But if hte cop is in a grumpy mood, well, it looks like you just have to bite the bullet and take it up the bum like a man. It sucks, but it goes to show that when it boils down to it. Cops have more power than us.
ZOOM,Dec 3 2004, 07:36 PM Wrote:dude. You're in the wrong for all three. It's one of those things where if the cop wants to be an ass, well, it's completly his call. He can do as he pleases.

Those plate cover things are ILLEGAL. No if ands or buts about it. I removed mine. Luckily I got no tickets while I had em, but I was warned by a cop one time on a routine pull over that I *could* be have been fined. There are disclaimers on all of them "intended for offroad use only, check with local guidelines before using... etc..." Same goes for neons and s**t. They all have disclaimers on em.

The insurance dealio, well you gotta have the most up to date slips. He doesn't have to do jack all. This is where it doesn't pay to be the "tough guy" and start giving attitude back to a cop.

If you ask nicely or be as nice about it as possible sometimes they will give you the option of a 48 hours to produce ticket. for both the plate covers and insurance. But if hte cop is in a grumpy mood, well, it looks like you just have to bite the bullet and take it up the bum like a man. It sucks, but it goes to show that when it boils down to it. Cops have more power than us.
[right][snapback]72696[/snapback][/right]

Dude????

Take it like a Man??

I was nice to the cop until AFTER he gave me the tickets!!!
"zoom" calls you a d00d... thats about where you stop listening to him.

Insurance slip, can/will be dropped.
Licence plate cover, dropped. Take a picture and post which you have.
Speeding, you can probably get that reduced to atleast the no points zone if you have a good record.

What were the tickets exactly, more help can be given if you state them.
tdot-zx3,Dec 3 2004, 07: Wrote:"zoom" calls you a d00d... thats about where you stop listening to him.

Speeding, you can probably get that reduced to atleast the no points zone if you have a good record.

[right][snapback]72699[/snapback][/right]

Check out the website...first piture on the second page...that's what the license plates look like!

http://www.pbase.com/myfordfocus2/inbox

I went today on my lunch to get the insurance ticket waived....have a appointment with prosecutor in which I show my insurance slip and it will get waived.

As for speeding don't really care how much it will cost...just don't want the points!!
I like ur dual exhaust setup. How did you go about getting the rear lip kit to fit it? I wanna do that too!
tdot-zx3,Dec 3 2004, 07: Wrote:"zoom" calls you a d00d... thats about where you stop listening to him.

lol. And you are a judge now too? It all depends on the judge you stand before that day. I went in the same day to fight a speeding ticket with my friend who had the same plate cover tickets.

Wanna guess what happened? The judge read the ticket. looked up at us, (we were both wearing shirts and ties with slacks) and said "pay the fine" lasted all about 2 min. That was his

He looked at me. Read my ticket. said, "pay the fine"

I never said he couldnt fight them, but don't make it sound like these tickets just disappear so easily. If they did, then why the hell would cops even bother giving them out in the first place?

The laws the law, and he broke them. Simple and factual. You need not make yourself sound like king s**t, and others sound like complete morons Dan. That isn't cool.
Haha Dan he said you weren't kewl....that hurts :rolleyes:
ZOOM,Dec 3 2004, 04:50 PM Wrote:

The laws the law, and he broke them. Simple and factual. You need not make yourself sound like king s**t, and others sound like complete morons Dan. That isn't cool.
[right][snapback]72705[/snapback][/right]

Hey ZOOM by any slight chance did you read the topic starter's name you goofball. It's mysterygirl ------------> GIRL. Wow someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
ZOOM,Dec 3 2004, 08:42 PM Wrote:I like ur dual exhaust setup. How did you go about getting the rear lip kit to fit it? I wanna do that too!
[right][snapback]72704[/snapback][/right]

Well....I was at Hot Rod Scotts geting the exhaust and we actually cut the hole ourself! That is the standard Wings West body kit, I then got my dealer to fill it in to look like the other side! At lot of work...it was actually on my old 2001 yellow car...swaped it with the stock new bumper when I got this 2004 white car!
Thats messed up. My car is just like yours (white with same tails but I have a hood) and my girlfriend got pulled over last week in it. Corner of leslie and sheppard. I have tinted license plate covers and no ticket. Tickets for improper headlight, e-spec hellas, no insurance and no registraion. Chick cop and my girlfriend said she was a bitch. I told she got off lucky because they didnt open the hood.
ZOOM,Dec 3 2004, 02:36 PM Wrote:dude. You're in the wrong for all three...

nuff said.

fight them in court...you might get off, or have the tickets reduced...but you're complaining about three things that are all valid grounds for a ticket ;)
ZOOM,Dec 3 2004, 08:50 PM Wrote:The laws the law, and he broke them. Simple and factual. You need not make yourself sound like king s**t, and others sound like complete morons Dan. That isn't cool.

Re read your response up there.. Your the one trying to sound like a king s**t.

Ask simon how many tickets he got thrown away, ask me how many I did, ask a million other people how many they got thrown away...

If your paying for stupid pointless tickets and think your screwed right away.... then you deserve to be called a moron.

No ticket is written in stone, thats why we have the judicial system to fight them.

Thanks. ;)

01-yellow-ZX3

I've also gotten a ticket for a license plate cover back in the day, I took it to court proving that I didn't have it on my car anymore (since it was confiscated on the spot), and the fine was dropped.
That cant happen according to some people.

01-yellow-ZX3

Provided this was in Manitoba, if theres any difference. But I've had a ton of tickets reprimanded here.
Pages: 1 2 3