FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Very Low Zx3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all.

I have a question?

Im running coilovers on my stock struts. The coilovers are all the way down and the car rides like s***. Im looking to go lower i want to tuck my 15in rims with 50 series tiers. That means i gota go 1in lower. I was thinking about fabing up some longer top hats and getting new struts. Should i stay with the coilovers or get some lowering springs and cut all the dead coils off. Is any one running a very low setup that rides half decent.

just go air ride :D
i wana keep the $$$ low also
what coilovers are you running?

also why do you need to be so low?

body kit or lip kit will help you out if it is lust for appearance
I don’t know the brand of coilovers there not eBay ones. Slightly better that eBayers. im just going for looks. im trying to get like vw low
coilovers should get you tucked on 15's with 50 series, thats what im running and ive got 2 finger wheel gap on a 1.5 drop so if i went 2.5, i should be tucking, you should be able to tuck with 2.5 or more drop which is what mast coil overs will give you
You don't have coil overs you have coil springs. Same thing as what im running on my front end, there alot skinnier than normal spring so the drag tire fits like a dream. If you trully want to go low you will need to pick up a set of TRUE coilovers with a full single piece suspension. Strut and spring on the same assembly I believe Hand R and Tien make a set. Don't be fabbing stuff up you hit a bump something breaks your done, hopefully not on the freeway
Ok thanks
The only problem i would like to resolve is the sever bounciness of the car. Should i try and find a used strut and spring combo or buy struts for my coil springs
Your bounciness is probably cuz you've blown you stock struts/shocks

Get some KYB AGX and you should be good, they are designed for lowered cars and are adjustable (stiffness not height) and use your "coil overs"

And post up some pics!
if i went that way id be lookin at $180 a strut so im looking at like $720 for the hole set.

there has to be a cheaper way. is any one running a set up like this?

ok so i fownd a pic of what im lookin for

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ah7774.jpg
there is no cheap easy way to acheive that look on 15" stockers because they simply aren't wide enough

you will need spacers and some KYB AGX to work with your "coil overs"

I'm guessing $750-$1000 just for those, if youare going to spend that much you can get real coil overs for not much more OR put it towards air ride
Ok thanks
After some research i think the cheapest way will be to buy some of the universal air ride bags. Like $100 a piece. And just run then with no compressor or tank so i would have to hook up to shop air to adjust them. But with the air bags will i need good struts. Or will they be ok with a new set of stockers (ie not bouncy ) And im getting some 35mm offset rims also
Is this just for the rear?

You will need an air struts for the front....

Honestly i wouldn't screw with your suspension too much, or it will end up just being a safety issue

You can buy over the strut bags for the front. And i would go all round bags. But to get back to my original question
Is anyone running a very low set up on a focus. I would be interested in info on your car

Also I do understand the risks in modifying your suspension.
I run really low....like most have told you bags or fully adjustable coilovers.
I would do the coilovers

Im running the fully adjustable coilovers and love them no bouncing and handles like your on rails....KYB's your looking around $700 they are good or $1200 for Koni coilovers really good.

I heard bags are still abit rough and bounce....Remember you will need camber kits front and rear if you are going really low.

Good luck
Thanks
Could i see a pic of your car
Also what rim/tire set up do you have

I gess ill just keep my eyes out for a used set of KYB’s or koni’s

Jmountney1,Apr 17 2009, 03:50 PM Wrote:ok so i fownd a pic of what im lookin for

[right][snapback]285223[/snapback][/right]

i dont mean to derail, but does anyone know what wheel this is?
StreetEdition,Apr 19 2009, 01:54 AM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Apr 17 2009, 03:50 PM Wrote:ok so i fownd a pic of what im lookin for

[right][snapback]285223[/snapback][/right]

i dont mean to derail, but does anyone know what wheel this is?
[right][snapback]285313[/snapback][/right]

by the look of lip, it looks like enkei rsv