FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Baby Wrecked My Baby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thursday night, my girlfriend was driving my car and she hit black ice and drove straight into a ditch :o I actually knew about 30 seconds before she called in tears. The important thing is that she is ok, the rotten thing is it was my car... which was already supposed to be away - just waiting for the dyno tune. :( It wasn't really her fault, she is a good driver, but she... like most ppl likely... didnt' know what to do when the car wouldn't react to the driver inputs.

Anyway, don't know the extent of the damage yet, several thousand assuming there is no major mechanical damage. Unfortunately the ditch was deep and began to rise back up exactly where the nose dove in... so I'm a little worried about the car being bent... we'll see, the shop has the laser equipment to determine if it's out at all. I went down to the shop on Friday to take some pics so I will post them if I can my connection at home fired back up. Otherwise I'll just post them later.

Needless to say, there is no dyno sheet to post other than our base tunes. I was to be at the dyno just two days after the accident. I am going to work hard this week on getting another car in there for tweaking so we can post some numbers for those interested.

PM me if you are near Milton, have an SVT and would like a deal on some dyno tuning... list your mods in the message

Well that's it I guess... extremely sad. I feel as though I have a child in the hospital :(
:( So sorry to hear.

I hope all works out.
Good luck with everything, things like that always suck.
Ahh man,

Not your car. Hopefully it can all be fixed i was waiting to see it next year after its all done. Its a very sad day. My girlfriend called me and told me she was in very bad pain cause her back hurt, when i saw this i immediatly hung up on her.

Just kidding, but still very bad news.

Hope it turns out ok.

Paul.
Mark told me thursday night. :huh:

Hopefully it can be fixed.... :)
Sorry to hear man.... Pm'd
Sorry to hear man... damn...
Sorry to hearabout the mishap brooks. The important thing is your GF is ok, as for the Car, I hope they do a good job fixin 'er up.
Thanks guys.
damn... sorry to hear of your misfortune.. glad your girlfriend is alright...'cause cars can be repaired
Thats sucks. Hope it all works out.
sad news....thank God she's ok.
well, as for the baby...wishing you the best with the fix!
sorry to hear about what happened, as long as the miss is ok, also i am in the Toronto area, if you want to use my car for dyno tuning, i'm interested!
Shitty glad to hear the Gf's ok but poor car!
buy 4x4....

save your girlfriend the shame to say she took the ditch...

...Just make sure you teach her how to drive out of a ditch first...

lol

;) kidding, sorry as I said before...
anyone else here learn how to ditch jump in driver's ed? I'm wondering if it really helps at all...
:o sorry to hear Carey :(
hope it all works out for you man.

:(
:( ..I know how it feels to wreck a car. I owned a 91 jetta GTX (GLI) when I was in college, spent every dime I had on the thing it was my pride and joy. Then one night someone tried to run the advance green while I was already going through the intersection....it was a 'write-off'. To top it off the cop who arrived on the scene gave ME a ticket for running a red. I ended up fighting it in court and won. These things happen man, important things is your girl's ok.
Uber shitty bro. Was looking forward to seeing numbers for that thing. No chance it'll be written off? Welcome to the "my car's been crashed while someone other than me was driving it" club.
Pages: 1 2