FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Drl Dimming ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The difference between Focus' DRL and Low Beam brightness is hardly noticeable. A lot of people say DRL brightness is too high (for all cars). Is there a way to reduce the brightness of the Focus DRL - maybe by changing a resistor ?
Yes, changing the resistor will reduce it, but finding where the resister is would help too, not to mention, make sure you know what your doing before you change anything with the electrical. I heard of one guy who wanted to do this to his volkswagen, and changed the resister, next thing you know, the wire heated up mad and burnt itself and the wires that were beside it.
[duplicate]
paolo,Nov 29 2004, 04:27 AM Wrote:Yes, changing the resistor will reduce it, but finding where the resister is would help too, not to mention, make sure you know what your doing before you change anything with the electrical.
I think I can handle a resistor. B) Anyone know exactly where it is ?

Actually, I'll probably do the fogs-as-DRL mod, but it's good to know how to reduce the low beam DRL glare for those who don't have fogs or don't want the other mod.