FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wiring Diagrams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I got new "M3" style power mirrors for my Foci with the blue LED turn signal and I was wondering if anyone has a wirring diagram. I've hooked up my power mirrors and they seem to be working correctly but I'm not 100% sure were I should hook up my wires for the blue LED turn signal. Anyone got a diagram or know where to hook them up? Thanks

Matt
I guess its that time of the year. Once you get your blue flashing lights hooked up what would you charge to snow plow an average driveway?
The blue is meant to be a running light and the amber or white is for signals.......

the only way i can think of to get them to work that way is to run them all the way from the grille signals
LoL. I guess i'm gonna have to buy a 4WD system, Big Block V8 (around 400hp) and a blade for the front of the focus so I can plow your driveway lol. About the blue lights, running them from the grill signal is what i was thinking, but do you think hooking it up to the fuse box would work too?
Burnin21,Nov 29 2004, 11:27 PM Wrote:LoL. I guess i'm gonna have to buy a 4WD system, Big Block V8 (around 400hp) and a blade for the front of the focus so I can plow your driveway lol. About the blue lights, running them from the grill signal is what i was thinking, but do you think hooking it up to the fuse box would work too?
[right][snapback]72104[/snapback][/right]

Photoshop anyone? :lol:
is there 2 wires or 3 wires for the mirror turn signals? and how do u want them wired? do u want them to remain on always, and flash off when you signal, or remain off always, and flash on when you signal? You should have mentioned this first.
There are three wires:
Black (power), Blue (blue LED), and White (orange LED), I want the lights to remain off until I turn on my signal so they flash, I dont want to remain on. Do you think i'm going to have to run my wires inside my car from my door panel, because they only gave me around 4ft in wire.
All help appriciated

Matt
black should be ground. As for the white, i presume its your turn signal wire, connect it to the outer 2 wires of your grille blinkers, or find a closer spot in your fuse panel box that will work.
Do you think blue will do the same as the blinker light? I personally like the blue better so thats what I'm shooting for. By the way, whats the fastest way to get the wire inside the car? Do I have to take my dash apart? Drill holes? Cause this is really becoming a bitch of a job now considering I worked 3 hours straight on it last night and accomplish Zero. I tried running the wires into the car through the rubber tube that contains all the electrical for the windows and locks but it turns out its a solid connector end, theres no way you could ever sqeeze 3 wires through there.

Matt
well, idunno about the blue light, its asking for trouble, i would wire in both lights to a 3-way switch, so that way you can switch between blue and orange at the flick of a switch. as for running the wires, why are you going under your dashboard? there is an easier way, just run the wires from the engine bay into the door jams.
Ok I guess I'll have to start working on that, it's so congested down there too, and me being a big guy..........doesn't exatly work that well. I got quoted $50 from Best Buy so I might just do that. This is just getting to be too much work for freaking mirrors, I could have invested my time into putting a new race header in my car or sumthin. I prefer to play with the mechanical side of things ALOT more than playing around with electrical stuff.

Edit: Well I guess I decided I was gonna play around a bit and I finally figured it out. They look and work great now, thanks for you help :)

Matt