FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2001zts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not him, but his cars. Was driving to a contract today, and went too far on Don Mills. Ended up trying to turn around off O'Connor by going onto this street that specifically said no U turn.. saw this focus with Bling handles and RS grills and HID's with a Subbie parked behind it... ANDREW! I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE :) Car looks cool with those handles mang.
Raine,Nov 28 2004, 01:56 AM Wrote:.........Ended up trying to turn around off O'Connor by going onto this street that specifically said no U turn.. saw this focus with Bling handles and RS grills and HID's with a Subbie parked behind it...[right][snapback]71892[/snapback][/right]

Did you notice the steel wheels on the WRX? Pretty freaky huh?

LOCALS ONLY!

You're lucky someone (me & others) didn't go ballistic on you for doing a U-turn. It's our biggest pet peeve around here. There is no NB on ramp to DVP from Don Mills South (from Thorncliff Park hood (aka "Little Islamibad")) so everyone comes on to our street and does a U turn onto our driveways not to mention the left turn retrictions to get onto O'Connor from the south side make our street atractive as well.

It wouldn't be a big deal but there are no sidewalks on our street and the people doing the illegal turns are so pissed from so many turn restrictions and lack of an on ramp that they come and go at a billion miles an hour. When they back out they also swing wide over the flower gardens too.

I have sprayed cars with garden hoses myself. A guy got stuck last winter and I said: "there's four signs between here and the intersection saying no u-turn so no I will not give you a push or even call a tow truck and walked away"

You'd have noticed most houses have pylons (traffic cones) at the end of their driveways. I am more evil and have "mined" the end of my driveway with a massive concrete block and reinforcing rod and have collected much fibreglass bumper fragments over the years.

I cant wait till I retire and officially become a crazy old man. I'll video tape and through water balloons and lay down a police style tire puncture strip.

Now that you've seen it that modest house of mine is the same one that sells for "low $400,000's? :lol:
2001 ZTS,Nov 28 2004, 02:24 AM Wrote:. I am more evil and have "mined" the end of my driveway with a massive concrete block and reinforcing rod and have collected much fibreglass bumper fragments over the years.

[right][snapback]71893[/snapback][/right]

that was not there when I last came over? i gather the problem has worsened since then ?
naz,Nov 28 2004, 04:08 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Nov 28 2004, 02:24 AM Wrote:. I am more evil and have "mined" the end of my driveway with a massive concrete block and reinforcing rod and have collected much fibreglass bumper fragments over the years.

that was not there when I last came over? i gather the problem has worsened since then ?
[right][snapback]71908[/snapback][/right]
That is the beauty of it, it's there but not obvious. It is not in the centre of the driveway but if someone turning in (to do an illegal U turn) turns out wide (often) towards the flowers they will find minimum 8" clearance necessary ;) .

Because of the posted "no U-turn" restriction, I have it in writing from the Deputy Mayor of Toronto that I can "arm" my driveway in any manner I wish! (such as a chain across) but I will eventually get those "warning severe tire damage" things (spikes)" but with a remote control that drops them when I want. Holy Bat Cave!
2001 ZTS,Nov 28 2004, 04:40 AM Wrote:Because of the posted "no U-turn" restriction, I have it in writing from the Deputy Mayor of Toronto that I can "arm" my driveway in any manner I wish!

[right][snapback]71916[/snapback][/right]

i wonder what you would have decided to arm with if you were american...

online hunting anyone?
2001 ZTS,Nov 27 2004, 09:24 PM Wrote:Now that you've seen it that modest house of mine is the same one that sells for "low $400,000's? :lol:

Yikes! That's crazy expensive! Amazing for the area too... all the shops down the road on Donlands and whatnot look so run down. Cute looking little house tho. Didn't see whether or not you had a garage? And I should clear my name. I didn't do a U turn in someone's driveway. Did a 3 point turn on the street about 10 houses up from yours. :P

Naz Wrote:Online Hunting Anyone?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All the houses have detached garages out in the back yards. Too small for the Focus but possibly the WRX (folding mirrors). Doesn't matter I've got too much crap in my garage that the motorcycle is a tight squeeze.