FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wheels Tires & Ride Height
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys

I recently changed the shocks on the rear of my 2005 ZX5. The replacement monro shocks seemed to mount a little different at the top but everything seemed to go together and work fine. Because the shock seemed a little different my brain starts to play games with me and now I think maybe something is wrong. When I look at other focuses on the road they always seem lower then mine (Front and back). Is there a difference in the ride hight on the ZX5 SES compared to other models? how about between 2004 and earlier compared to 2005 and later?

Also

What are the stock wheel sizes for the earlier models? I need to get new tires and I am thinking of changing my 16" wheels for an earlier version set of wheels. I like the look of the older wheels more.

Peter
I think the 00-05's have the same suspension, and they changed it for 06-07.

As for wheels for 05 & up you can only go 15" or bigger, 04 & lower can take a 14" wheels
I was reading my repair manual last night and I read something about the "Height Design" on the rear end. It said before you tighten any of the rear suspension components you must first set the "Height Design" first. It goes on telling you how to do it but there are no pictures that go with it. Can anyone give me more information on this? Could this make the rear end of the car sit too high or low?
My previous 2003 Focus ZTS had 205/50/16 IIRC .Personally , I think Ford Focus looks better with bigger wheels .But it's also true that the 15" rims had a more sophisticated design