FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: You Have To Be Kidding Me... Please Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was in Canadian Tire last weekend looking to buy some PROPER chrome lugnuts to replace the ones Darkpuppet and I tore all to s**t last summer.

First of all, these things are pricey, some of the ones they had were about 65 bux for the 16 I would need.

Anyways, they didin't have the Focus in the sizing book so I went over to the parts counter and enquired. The guy then told me that the Focus has 2 different sized lugs on the car. The ones on the rear are bigger than the ones on the front. WTF???
:blink:

So he tells me I need to go to the dealer to get them. The reason I was at Canadian Tire was because I want Lugs that dont have a stoopid tin outer shell that comes off in the ratchet. Anyone who has rotated their own tires and seen the shitty quality of the OEM lugs knows what I'm talking about.

Does anyone know where I can proper lugs that are not going to cost me a fortune and not fall apart?

Thanks guys. B)
LOL Canadian Tire has them LOL Thats where I bought mine from LOL....
ANTHONYD,Nov 24 2004, 02:22 PM Wrote:..........The guy then told me that the Focus has 2 different sized lugs on the car. The ones on the rear are bigger than the ones on the front. WTF???
:blink:

[right][snapback]71251[/snapback][/right]

Well I only have the lugs off of one wheel at a time but that just cannot be true. The nuts on the axle front and rear is probably what he looked up. Truth be told I have never looked under the chrome dome of the rear axle myself.
lol, what Brat said.

I bought all of mine at CT and the focus was even in their size book.

Ask for a different rep next time. lol.
I know the lugnuts on the SVT are the same size. and on my zx3 they were the same too.
I think I might take all the lug nuts off of the car this weekend, put them in a sock and go over there to "pay this man a visit" :lol:

Thanks guys.
I bought some cheap ones at walmart, they're all the same size and it was listed in the book they had.

I like it when people at stores like that start telling stories like that..
Were these nuts locking ones?
SVTmonkey,Nov 24 2004, 02:19 PM Wrote:Were these nuts locking ones?
[right][snapback]71322[/snapback][/right]

You buy them in set of four....I've seen them at CT and Walmart. Most people just get 4 and put one on each wheel. B)
Flofocus,Nov 24 2004, 02:22 PM Wrote:
SVTmonkey,Nov 24 2004, 02:19 PM Wrote:Were these nuts locking ones?
[right][snapback]71322[/snapback][/right]

You buy them in set of four....I've seen them at CT and Walmart. Most people just get 4 and put one on each wheel. B)
[right][snapback]71323[/snapback][/right]

they broke mine the bastards.. needed to get them balanced.. they call me up "yeah we broke all your 4 lock nuts caus they were too tight".. im like "uh.. ok well are you gonna give me new ones then?" (i bought them at CT).. the guys like "well we didn't screw them on last time so we are not responsible"

so they gave me none matching ones :angry:
I stopped using them on the focus cuz they were constantly braking on my other cars. Guess its the value in CT and Walmart wheels nuts...lol

I figure if they REALLY want my wheels and they go threw the hassle of jacking up the car, braking a set of locknuts isnt hard to do obviously....so why try and fool em. :lol:

Thats what I have insurance for to...
All I want to do is replace the stock lugnuts with SOLID steel ones. Not brass with a chrome skin like the factory ones.

I don't neeed locking ones either.

I'm going to CTC to get the powerwasher tonight that is on sale so I'll pick them up then.