FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: More 1/4 Mile Times.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and Jarrod went and did some gteching tonight. Im sorta dissapointed. I did how ever beat my last gtech times of 16.5 and track times from the track of 16.4. I was all over the place tonight. I seemed to really like 16.6 - 7 but I did manage to hit 16.5 and 16.4 again and hit 16.3 twice.

Jarrod was sorta the same way but he managed to hit 16.2 so props to that.
Im curious to see how much better the full 4-1 race and flex well make.

To bad it started dumping with snow. Was a good way to end the car season lol.
I hit 16.3 about 3 times 16.2 once and a 16.6 and a 17.0 lol my first run :rolleyes:
you guys talking with gtech?
yup. with the gtech.

this thing is pretty accurate. The first time I used it I was doing 16.5's then at the actual drag track I was pulling 16.4's the next day. Since I hit 16.3 last night on the gtech the goal to hit at the track is 16.2
Damn, i can never find anywhere to use my gtech... worst waste of $$$ ever
scoobasteve,Nov 24 2004, 11:01 AM Wrote:Damn, i can never find anywhere to use my gtech... worst waste of $$$ ever
[right][snapback]71277[/snapback][/right]

If you want to sell it anytime after the new year, shoot me over a PM. :P
Damn streetracers!

hahahaha :lol: :lol:
I will buy it off ya. I always just use my buddies. Sask does have a lot of nice hidden roads out of the city.
thabrat,Nov 24 2004, 02:11 PM Wrote:yup. with the gtech.

this thing is pretty accurate. The first time I used it I was doing 16.5's then at the actual drag track I was pulling 16.4's the next day. Since I hit 16.3 last night on the gtech the goal to hit at the track is 16.2
[right][snapback]71247[/snapback][/right]

pulling 16.4's lol :P you hit a 16.4 then u quit :rolleyes:
Is that Gtech thing accurate? Is it worth getting? I'm seriously considering it. Mostly for the 0-60mph time, how accurate is that?
The one that we are using seems to be pretty accurate. All the times seem to be one higher then what it would be at the actual track. The ones at Visions the bell tronics Im not sure about those ones. but if you do a search on ebay for Gtech you can find them for pretty cheap..
FociS8nt,Nov 24 2004, 01:05 PM Wrote:pulling 16.4's lol  :P  you hit a 16.4 then u quit  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]71342[/snapback][/right]

Yup. I did it on my last run. Had to stop on a good note.
SVTmonkey,Nov 24 2004, 04:06 PM Wrote:Is that Gtech thing accurate? Is it worth getting? I'm seriously considering it.  Mostly for the 0-60mph time, how accurate is that?
[right][snapback]71343[/snapback][/right]

Must be...This is the first time I've seen somebody use it and post actual data though....

Your track time was 16.5, and the Gtech is getting anything between 16.4 and 16.7....

Seems pretty accurate to me....
race header, bigger flex pipe.. the car will be insanely loud.. and best i think you could get is like a 16 flat

16.0 with those mods the driving is horrible or traction is just not there. I would hope the user could go faster. Look at berings times for an example.

Gtech can be pretty accurate if your careful with setup, and the road your gteching on is perfect.

Bumps, wheelspin, unlevel road, all these things alter your times. Some people have good luck with them, some peoples times are way off. Its all about going out on that nice day, with a nice straight flat road. That makes your chances the highest possible.

Either way, generally from the 100's of gtech runs ive witness'd going to street racing events the last 3 years, the trap is generally always 4-5km/h higher then it should be. Granted, some say this is because at the track they take your trap speed before the end. Which makes sense.
To quote the better half - "Road's closed, pizza boy! Find another way home!"
haha i still remember the night she said that... it was funny.